Hazmat suits - Chemical suits
Hazmat suits - also called chemical suits - are used to protect workers against dangerous substances in liquid or gaseous form. Choosing the right protection for each work situation can seem like a complicated task given the many available options.
First of all, it is necessary to assess the exact content of the chemical risks involved: bacteriological or chemical substances, solid, liquid or gas. Depending on their impermeability, chemical protective clothing is classified into 6 performance categories ranging from 1 for the most gas-tight to 6 for the least efficient.
Categories 1 and 2 are hazmat combinations of “diving suits” types and are particularly suitable for classified sites with high chemical risks. Types 3 and 4 (intermediate protection) are more often used in the petrochemical and chemical industries. Type 5 coveralls protect against air-carried solid particles (toxic dust) and can therefore be used for asbestos removal or during dusting operations in agricultural environments.
- Starting at $211.55Quickview
- Starting at $37.82Quickview
Hazmat suit - chemical suits classification
- Type 1: Ventilated or non-ventilated gas-tight chemical protection against liquid chemicals, liquid aerosols and solid particles (EN 943-1)
- 1a : OC-SCBA (open circuit self-contained breathing apparatus) worn inside the suit for maximum safety
- 1b : SCBA worn outside the suit
- 1c : Breathing air by positive pressure supplied air respirator system
- Type 2: Ventilated or non-ventilated chemical protection NOT gas-tight against liquid chemicals, liquid aerosols and solid particles (EN 943-1)
- Type 3: Liquid-tight protection (EN14605 standard)
- Type 4: Spray-tight protection (EN14605 standard)
- Type 5: Protection against solid particles suspended in the air (EN13982-1)
- Type 6: Limited protection against non-hazardous liquid chemicals (EN13034)
Dräger hazmat suits
Dräger offers a wide range of chemical suits for many industrial applications ranging from decanting, cleaning and maintenance operations to emergency response.
- Very diverse range of protective clothing: from a simple disposable hazmat suit to full protection, high resistance, reusable gear
- High wearing comfort thanks to integrated ventilation systems for gas-tight chemical protective clothing
- Wide range of accessories (protective boots and gloves, ventilation systems)