Limited use hazmat suit CPS 5800
The Dräger CPS 5800 is a limited use hazmat suit intended for industrial applications and operations, particularly on board ships, to protect the user from hazardous gaseous, liquid or solid substances (type 1b according to EN943) .
This protective suit is ideal for operations requiring optimal mobility, such as entering a confined space or unloading. The CPS 5800 meets the highest international standards for industry, fire service and marine. Detailed description
Limited use or reusable hazmat suit
Many companies wonder whether it is more appropriate to use a limited use hazmat suit or a reusable one. These two product families are subject to European Directive 89/686 / EEPC on PPE and have advantages and disadvantages in terms of their maintenance, their purchasing costs and their environmental impact.
Washable and therefore reusable coveralls are often heavier, more bulky and more expensive with weights sometimes going up to 300 gr / m2 because they are more protective. They require very careful decontamination in approved maintenance centers, which can lead to significant costs and delays.
Limited use chemical suits offer better comfort and highly targeted protection depending on the nature of the encountered risks but should systematically be discarded if contaminated or presenting a mechanical fault (tear, puncture, scratch).
Made of Zytron, a resistant and high performance material
The CPS 5800 limited use hazmat suit is in Zytron® 500, a very soft laminate material, resistant and efficient. The seams are all welded inside and outside the suit and the quality of the materials make it a high performance protective garment.
It is a type 1b, gas-tight protection against liquid chemicals, liquid aerosols and solid particles (EN 943-1) with the self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA) worn on the outside of the suit.
It meets the highest international standards for industry, fire service and marine. It meets the EN 943-1, EN943-2 and SOLAS standards, and is therefore approved for use on board ships.
Dräger CPS 5800 technical specifications
- Performance type (according to EN943): Type 1b (chemical protection tight against gases, liquid chemicals, liquid aerosols and solid particles)
- The self-contained breathing apparatus is worn outside of the suit
- Sizes: 4 sizes available (M, L, XL & XXL)
- Opening: diagonal on the front to be able to put it on and take it off without outside help
- Fastening: zipper with external chain, closing from top to bottom. Double continuous hook-and-loop protection flap to protect the zipper
- Face cuff: butyl, soft and flexible
- Socks: integrated, gas-tight with boot cover, can be used with different boot sizes
- Gloves: fixed combining butyl on the outside with a laminated inner liner to increase protection against chemicals and punctures
- Pressure relief valve: purges air from the suit
- Suit Material: Zytron TM 500
- Operating temperature: -30 °C to +60 °C
- Storage temperature: -20 °C to +25 °C
- Weight (without ventilation system): 2.2 kg
- EN 943-1: 2002 EU requirements for gas-proof protective suits for industrial use
- EN 943-2: 2002 (ET) EU requirements for gas-proof protective suits for firefighters' response
- SOLAS Requirements for naval uses
- ISO 16602: 2007 International requirements for chemical protective suits
- Chemical product tests (permeation time according to standard EN 943 part 2 expressed in minutes depending on the chemical substance)
- Ethyl acetate > 480 min.
- Acetone > 480 min.
-Acetonitrile > 480 min.
- Sulfuric acid at 96% > 480 min.
- Ammonia > 480 min.
- 1,3-Butadiene > 480 min.
- Chlorine > 480 min.
- Hydrogen chloride > 480 min.
- Methyl Chloride > 480 min.
- Dichloromethane > 480 min.
- Diethylamine > 480 min.
- Carbon disulfide > 480 min.
- n-heptane > 480 min.
- Methanol > 480 min.
- Ethylene oxide > 480 min.
- 40% caustic soda > 480 min.
- Tetrachlorethylene > 480 min.
- Tetrahydrofuran > 480 min.
- Toluene > 480 min.
- CPS 6800 type 1b hazmat suitStarting at $1,777.31
- CBRN suit - type 1b chemical suit CPS 7800Starting at $2,962.19
- Cooling vest Dräger CVP 5220Starting at $292.79
- Complete SCBA kit: Dräger PAS Lite Self-contained breathing apparatusStarting at $1,028.20