Limited use hazmat chemical suit CPS 5900
The Dräger CPS 5900 limited use hazmat chemical suit offers superior protection against a variety of chemicals. It has been specially developed to be able to carry out operations in low risk conditions, such as carrying out control measures or transfers without risk of explosion.
It is atype 1a, gas tight protection against liquid chemicals, liquid aerosols and solid particles (in compliance with standard EN 943-1) with the self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA) worn inside the suit for maximum safety. Detailed description
The hazmat chemical suit CPS 5900
Unlike washable and therefore reusable coveralls heavier, more bulky and more expensive which require very careful decontamination in approved maintenance centers, the limited use chemical protection suit CPS 5900 strong > displays better comfort, a lower purchase price and no maintenance costs.
On the other hand, it should systematically be discarded if it is contaminated or has a mechanical fault (tear, puncture, scratch).
A type 1a gas-tight chemical suit
The Dräger CPS 5900 limited use chemical suit has been specially developed to be able to perform operations under low risk conditions, such as carrying out control measures or transfers without explosion risk.
It is a type 1a, gas tight protection against liquid chemicals, liquid aerosols and solid particles (EN 943-1) with the self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA) worn inside the suit for maximum safety.
It is made of Zytron® 500, a very soft laminate material, resistant and efficient. The seams are all welded inside and outside of the suit and the quality of the materials make it a high performance protective garment.
It meets the highest international standards for industry, fire service and marine. It meets the EN 943-1, EN943-2 and SOLAS standards, and is therefore approved for use on board a ship.
The Dräger CPS 5900 chemical suit technical specifications
- Performance type (according to EN943): Type 1a (chemical protection impermeable to gases, liquid chemicals, liquid aerosols and solid particles) - The self-contained breathing apparatus is worn under the suit for maximum protection.
- 5 sizes available (S, M, L, XL & XXL)
- Visor: flexible and foldable two-layer offering an almost natural field of vision
- Opening: on the left side of the chest, allows you to quickly put on and take off the suit
- Fastening: zipper with external chain, closing from top to bottom. Double continuous hook-and-loop protection flap to protect the zipper
- Socks: integrated, gas-proof with boot cover, can be used with different sizes of boots
- Gloves: Fixed combining butyl on the outside with a laminated inner liner to increase protection against chemicals and punctures
- Belt: integrated for waist adjustment
- Operating temperature: -30 °C to +60 °C
- Storage temperature: -20 °C to +25 °C
- NFPA 1994: 2012: US Requirements for Protective Clothing for Response to Chemical Warfare Agents
- EN 943-1: 2002 EU requirements for gas-proof protective suits for industrial use
- EN 943-2: 2002 (ET) EU requirements for gas-proof protective suits for firefighters' response
- SOLAS Requirements for use on ocean-going vessels
- Chemical product tests (permeation time according to standard EN 943 part 2 expressed in minutes depending on the chemical substance)
- Ethyl acetate > 480 min.
- Acetone > 480 min.
-Acetonitrile > 480 min.
- Sulfuric acid at 96 % > 480 min.
- Ammonia > 480 min.
- 1,3-Butadiene > 480 min.
- Chlorine > 480 min.
- Hydrogen chloride > 480 min.
- Methyl Chloride > 480 min.
- Dichloromethane > 480 min.
- Diethylamine > 480 min.
- Carbon disulphide > 480 min.
- n-heptane > 480 min.
- Methanol > 480 min.
- Ethylene oxide > 480 min.
- 40% caustic soda > 480 min.
- Tetrachlorethylene > 480 min.
- Tetrahydrofuran > 480 min.
- Toluene > 480 min.
Chemical suit type 1a CPS 6900Starting at $2,335.45
CBRN suit - type 1a hazmat suit CPS 7900Starting at $4,115.36
Cooling vest Dräger CVP 5220Starting at $322.54
Complete SCBA kit: Dräger PAS Lite Self-contained breathing apparatusStarting at $1,348.41