Chemical suit type 3 with intensive use CHEM 3 (chemical warfare agent tested)
The CHEM 3 heavy-duty chemical workwear provides Type 3 protection against heavy splashes of hazardous chemicals. It is a lightweight, waterproof suit using a multi-layer composite technology comprising EVOH barrier film and LDPE bonding layers to provide very high protection and resistance to a wide range of chemicals (chemical warfare agent tested).
Stitched seams sealed on the outside with a thermoformed ribbon, double zip protected by a storm flap make this a safe and comfortable chemical suit type 3 particularly suitable for petrochemicals, chemical industries, contaminated land clean-up, or tank cleaning. Detailed description
CHEM 3 chemical suit type 3 assets
CHEM 3 consists of a jumpsuit with a hood, recessed sleeves, 2-piece diamond leggings and elastics, padded knee pads, and tunnel tightening elastics for the hood, cuffs, and ankles.
- Type 3 & 4 workwear (protection against directional and powerful jets of liquid chemical products).
- Multi-layer barrier film with a smooth and flexible finish.
- Stitched and taped seams for optimum safety.
- Double zip with storm flap for the security of front closure.
- Large and padded knee pads.
- Large and padded onesies.
- Tunnel elastic at the hood, wrists, and ankles.
CHEM 3 chemical suit type 3 technical specifications
- Workwear CHEM 3: Types 3 & 4.
- Materials: Multi-layer composite technology including EVOH barrier film and LDPE bonding layers 150 g/m2.
- Seams: outside stitched and locked seams with thermoformed PE tape.
- Sizes: M, L, XL, XXL, XXXL.
- Color: Grey.
- Packaging: Boxes including 10 combinations (individual packaging).
- EN 340: 2002: Protective clothing: general requirements.
- EN 14065: 2005: Liquid chemical protection: Seamless sprayproof clothing (type 3).
- EN 14065: 2005: Liquid chemical protection: Seamless sprayproof clothing (type 4).
- EN 13982: 2004: Protection against dry and dangerous particles (type 5).
- EN 13034: 2004: Protection against the reduced spray of liquid chemical products (type 6).
- EN 1149-1: 2005: Antistatic requirements (Surface resistance).
CHEM 3 chemical suit physical specifications
- Abrasion resistance: between 100 and 500 cycles (class EN 2).
- Puncture resistance: 11.4 N (class EN 2).
- Bursting strength: 81.6/94.1 kN/m2 (class EN 2).
- Resistance to flexural cracking: > 15kk cycles (class EN 4).
- Trapezoidal tear strength (cd): 50.4 N (class EN 3).
- Seam strength: 165.28 N (class EN 4).
Chemical warfare agent test on the CHEM3 workwear
Chemical warfare agent penetration time. The test was performed according to the FINABEL O.7C method against the 6 main warfare agents. The RSG Chemical suit type 3 CHEM3 fabric achieved the maximum breakthrough time of over 48 hours for the 6 chemical warfare agents
- Lewisite L (CAS 541-25-3) > 48 h
- Mustard HD (CAS 505-60-2) > 48 h
- Sarin GB (CAS 107-44-8) > 48 h
- Soman GO (CAS 96-64-0) > 48 h
- Tabun GA (CAS 77-81-6) > 48 h
- VX VX (CAS 50782-69-9) > 48 h
SPC 4400, SPC 4800 & SPC 4900 splash-proof dry suitStarting at $67.42
CPS 6800 type 1b hazmat suitStarting at $1,957.90
Full face mask respirator RD40 class 2 - RSG 400Starting at $75.51
Powered air purifying respirator (PAPR) T-AirStarting at $938.50