Chemical suit type 3 with intensive use CHEM 3 (chemical warfare agent tested)
The CHEM 3 heavy-duty chemical workwear provides Type 3 protection against heavy splashes of hazardous chemicals. It is a lightweight, waterproof suit using a multi-layer composite technology comprising EVOH barrier film and LDPE bonding layers to provide very high protection and resistance to a wide range of chemicals (chemical warfare agent tested).
Stitched seams sealed on the outside with a thermoformed ribbon, double zip protected by a storm flap make this a safe and comfortable chemical suit type 3 particularly suitable for petrochemicals, chemical industries, contaminated land clean-up, or tank cleaning. Detailed description
CHEM 3 chemical suit type 3 assets
CHEM 3 consists of a jumpsuit with a hood, recessed sleeves, 2-piece diamond leggings and elastics, padded knee pads, and tunnel tightening elastics for the hood, cuffs, and ankles.
- Type 3 & 4 workwear (protection against directional and powerful jets of liquid chemical products).
- Multi-layer barrier film with a smooth and flexible finish.
- Stitched and taped seams for optimum safety.
- Double zip with storm flap for the security of front closure.
- Large and padded knee pads.
- Large and padded onesies.
- Tunnel elastic at the hood, wrists, and ankles.
CHEM 3 chemical suit type 3 technical specifications
- Workwear CHEM 3: Types 3 & 4.
- Materials: Multi-layer composite technology including EVOH barrier film and LDPE bonding layers 150 g/m2.
- Seams: outside stitched and locked seams with thermoformed PE tape.
- Sizes: M, L, XL, XXL, XXXL.
- Color: Grey.
- Packaging: Boxes including 10 combinations (individual packaging).
- EN 340: 2002: Protective clothing: general requirements.
- EN 14065: 2005: Liquid chemical protection: Seamless sprayproof clothing (type 3).
- EN 14065: 2005: Liquid chemical protection: Seamless sprayproof clothing (type 4).
- EN 13982: 2004: Protection against dry and dangerous particles (type 5).
- EN 13034: 2004: Protection against the reduced spray of liquid chemical products (type 6).
- EN 1149-1: 2005: Antistatic requirements (Surface resistance).
CHEM 3 chemical suit physical specifications
- Abrasion resistance: between 100 and 500 cycles (class EN 2).
- Puncture resistance: 11.4 N (class EN 2).
- Bursting strength: 81.6/94.1 kN/m2 (class EN 2).
- Resistance to flexural cracking: > 15kk cycles (class EN 4).
- Trapezoidal tear strength (cd): 50.4 N (class EN 3).
- Seam strength: 165.28 N (class EN 4).
Chemical warfare agent test on the CHEM3 workwear
Chemical warfare agent penetration time. The test was performed according to the FINABEL O.7C method against the 6 main warfare agents. The RSG Chemical suit type 3 CHEM3 fabric achieved the maximum breakthrough time of over 48 hours for the 6 chemical warfare agents
- Lewisite L (CAS 541-25-3) > 48 h
- Mustard HD (CAS 505-60-2) > 48 h
- Sarin GB (CAS 107-44-8) > 48 h
- Soman GO (CAS 96-64-0) > 48 h
- Tabun GA (CAS 77-81-6) > 48 h
- VX VX (CAS 50782-69-9) > 48 h
International delivery in compliance with international transport regulations (IATA, AMDG, ARD).
On demand "lithium" and "dangerous goods" regulated packaging.
Learn more about our worldwide shipping solutions.
CPS 6800 type 1b hazmat suitStarting at $2,251.44
CBRN suit - type 1b chemical suit CPS 7800Starting at $3,750.60
CBRN suit - type 1a hazmat suit CPS 7900Starting at $4,732.52
Complete SCBA kit: Dräger PAS Lite Self-contained breathing apparatusStarting at $1,341.42