CBRN suit - type 1b chemical suit CPS 7800
The CBRN CPS 7800 (type 1b) suit is a gas-tight equipment, providing excellent protection against gaseous, liquid, solid or aerosol substances, even in explosive areas. Its ergonomic cut and the five available sizes allow a high adaptability degree for 1.50 m to 2.05 m workers.
Thanks to innovative materials and new design, it offers improved flexibility and comfort when entering confined spaces or for interventions in presence of cryogenic substances surpassing the requirements of international industry standards for reusable protective equipment. Detailed description
A CBRN type 1b suit according to the EN743 standard
The Dräger CBRN suit CPS 7800 protects against a multitude of possible dangers when handling hazardous substances. It exceeds the requirements of international industry standards for reusable protective equipment.
It is a type 1b, gas-tight protection against liquid chemicals, liquid aerosols and solid particles (EN 943-1) with the self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA) worn on the outside of the suit.
It is - among others - approved for BS 8467 (British requirements for gas-tight CBRN protective suits), EN 14126 (protection against contamination by contagious agents) and EN 1073-1: 2 (protection against contamination by radioactive particles).
An innovative material for maximum chemical protection
The new, innovative and unique D-mex ™ anti-static material offers excellent chemical and mechanical resistance exceeding the requirements of international industry standards for reusable protective equipment.
The CPS 7800 CBRN chemical suit has five layers. The interior and exterior have a particularly strong elastomer layer and a chemical resistant barrier layer so that it retains its full protective capacity even when the material is damaged on the outside.
Its electrostatic capacities make it possible to use the suit in explosive areas. If a spark does occur despite its remarkable construction, the flame-retardant, self-extinguishing material protects the wearer from serious burns. D-mex™'s flexibility even makes it possible to handle liquefied gases such as ammonia at a -80 ° C contact temperature.
CPS 7800 CBRN suite technical specifications
- Performance type (based on EN943): Type 1b (chemical protection against gases, liquid chemicals, liquid aerosols and solid particles) - The Self-contained breathing apparatus is worn on the outside of the suit
- Suit Material: D-mex™
- Operating temperature: -30 °C to +60 °C
- Storage temperature: -30 °C to +60 °C
- Weight (without ventilation system):
- With face cuff and boots approx. 5.4 kg
- With full face mask and boots approx. 6.2 kg
- Certifications :
- EN 943-1: 2002 EU requirements for gas-tight protective suits for industrial use
- EN 943-2: 2002 (ET) EU requirements for gas-tight protective suits for firefighters' response
- EN 1073-1: 2 Protection against contamination by radioactive particles
- EN 14126 Protection against contamination by contagious agents
- EN 14593 Supply via air-supplied breathing apparatus with on demand valve
- vfdb 08/01: 2006-11 German requirements for gas impermeable protective suits for firefighters (pending)
- BS 8467 UK Requirements for NBC Gas Impermeable Protective Coveralls
- SOLAS Requirements for maritime uses
- Mechanical tests according to EN943 part 2 ranging from 1 (the lowest) to 6 (the highest):
- Resistance to abrasion, flexion, bursting: 6
- Tear and puncture resistance: 3
Chemical product tests (permeation time according to standard EN 943 part 2 expressed in minutes depending on the chemical substance)
- Ethyl acetate > 540 min.
- Acetone > 540 min.
- Acetronitrile > 540 .min.
- 96% sulfuric acid % > 480 min.
- Ammonia > 540 min.
- 1,3-Butadiene > 540 min.
- Chlorine > 540 min.
- Hydrogen chloride > 540 min.
- Methyl Chloride > 540 min.
- Dichloromethane > 540 min.
- Diethylamine > 540 min.
- Carbon disulphide > 540 min.
- Mustard gas (HD)* > 1440 min.
- n-heptane > 540 min.
- 40% sodium hydroxide > 540 min.
- Lewisite (L)* > 180 min.
- Methanol > 540 min.
- Ethylene oxide > 540 min.
- Sarin (GB)* > 1440 min.
- 40% sodium hydroxide > 540 min.
- Soman (GD)* > 1440 min.
- Tetrachlorethylene > 540 min.
- Tetrahydrofurane > 540 min.
- Toluene > 540 min.
- VX* > 1440 min.
* According to FINABEL 0.7.C standard
- Limited use hazmat suit CPS 5800Starting at $1,562.82
- CPS 6800 type 1b hazmat suitStarting at $2,044.31
- Cooling vest Dräger CVP 5220Starting at $388.67
- Self-contained breathing apparatus, firefighter SCBA Dräger PSS 3000Starting at $1,792.54