Formaldehyde (CH2O) fixed gas detector - B12
B12 series CH2O fixed gas detector is a 2-wire transmitter designed to accurately detect formaldehyde – also known as formol or methanal. Highly resistant to corrosion and humid environments, B12 formaldehyde detector is available with or without local display. Detailed description
Formaldehyde, formol or methanal (CH2O) detection
Formaldehyde – as well as benzene and carbon dioxide – is the purpose of a very strict regulation regarding allowed concentrations in public access buildings (PAB). This colorless gas features a suffocating smell, is soluble into water and has been classified since 2015 as a proven carcinogenic agent.
Particularly well-suited for detecting formaldehyde (CH2O) – also known as formol or methanal - B12 fixed gas detecor features a 4-20 mA linear ouput with more or less 5% accuracy and an optional digital display. Its enclosure is made of polystyrene, making this fixed gas detector waterproof and corrosion-resistant.
B12 formaldehyde detector assets
- 2-wire analog transmitter with 4-20 mA linear output
- Optional measure display
- Pre-calibrated sensor resistant to corrosion and humidity
- Fast response time with good measure repeatability (± 1% of range)
- Minimal maintenance, once a year
B12 formaldehyde detector technical specifications
- Gas detector: formaldehyde (CH2O) also called formol, methanal or methyl aldehyde
- Low consumption: 2-wire transmitter
- Accuracy : ± 5% of the value (subject to calibration gas used to calibrate)
- Repeatability: ± 1% of measuring range
- Output: 4-20mA 2-wire
- Power supply: 12-28 Vdc
- Charging resistance: 675 ohms maximum under 24VDC
- Enclosure: NEMA 4X polystyrene, optional LCD display
- Settings: through potentiometer (zero and sensitivity) fixed on the electronic board
- Operating temperature: from 0 to +50°C
- Sensor material: Noryl
CH2O gas transmitter major applications
- Chemistry and petrochemistry, hydrocarbons, solvents, alcohol
- Indoor air quality monitoring in PAB (public access buildings)
- Houses, paints, varnish, insulation plates, wood treatment…
- Agri-food industry, food refinement, conservatives
- And even for tobacco smoke...
International delivery in compliance with international transport regulations (IATA, AMDG, ARD).
On demand "lithium" and "dangerous goods" regulated packaging.
Learn more about our worldwide shipping solutions.
MX32 gas controller (up to 8 transmitters)Starting at $954.79
Organic vapor detector (VOC) - Pac 8000 OVStarting at $753.89
FT883 rotating light beaconStarting at $232.22
MX43 gas detection controller (up to 32 transmitters)Starting at $1,785.37