Formaldehyde (CH2O) fixed gas detector - B12
B12 series CH2O fixed gas detector is a 2-wire transmitter designed to accurately detect formaldehyde – also known as formol or methanal. Highly resistant to corrosion and humid environments, B12 formaldehyde detector is available with or without local display.
Formaldehyde, formol or methanal (CH2O) detection
Formaldehyde – as well as benzene and carbon dioxide – is the purpose of a very strict regulation regargind allowed concentrations in public access buildings (PAB). This colorless gas features a suffocating smell, is soluble into water and has been classified since 2015 as a proven carcinogenic agent.
Particularly well-suited for detecting formaldehyde (CH2O) – also known as formol or methanal - B12 fixed gas detecor features a 4-20 mA linear ouput with more or less 5% accuracy and an optional digital display. Its enclosure is made of polystyrene, making this fixed gas detector waterproof and corrosion-resistant.
B12 formaldehyde detector assets
- 2-wire analog transmitter with 4-20 mA linear output
- Optional measure display
- Pre-calibrated sensor resistant to corrosion and humidity
- Fast response time with good measure repeatability (± 1% of range)
- Minimal maintenance, once a year
B12 formaldehyde detector technical specifications
- Gas detector: formaldehyde (CH2O) also called formol, methanal or methyl aldehyde
- Low consumption: 2-wire transmitter
- Accuracy : ± 5% of the value (subject to calibration gas used to calibrate)
- Repeatability: ± 1% of measuring range
- Output: 4-20mA 2-wire
- Power supply: 12-28 Vdc
- Charging resistance: 675 ohms maximum under 24VDC
- Enclosure: NEMA 4X polystyrene, optional LCD display
- Settings: through potentiometer (zero and sensitivity) fixed on the electronic board
- Operating temperature: from 0 to +50°C
- Sensor material: Noryl
CH2O gas transmitter major applications
- Chemistry and petrochemistry, hydrocarbons, solvents, alcohol
- Indoor air quality monitoring in PAB (public access buildings)
- Houses, paints, varnish, insulation plates, wood treatment…
- Agri-food industry, food refinement, conservatives
- And even for tobacco smoke...
- MX32 gas controller (up to 8 transmitters)Starting at $1,034.28
- Organic vapor detector (VOC) - Pac 8000 OVStarting at $695.73
- FT883 rotating light beaconStarting at $218.72
- MX43 gas detection controller (up to 32 transmitters)Starting at $1,582.25