F12D Toxic gases transmitter (intrinsic safety)
With over 60 interchangeable, pre-calibrated cells containing all the operating parameters of the target gas, the F12D Toxic Gas
Transmitter is a gas detector with a digital display and linear 4-20 mA output offering many powerful features. It has, among
others, the Auto Test function for certain gases guaranteeing the reliability and integrity of the measurement.
The F12D toxic gas detector - which is also available in an intrinsically safe version for use in classified areas (F12IS) - is
particularly popular for the detection of exotic gases such as formaldehyde, nitric oxide, phosgene, oxidizing gases such as
bromine, fluorine, iodine, ozone, hydrogen peroxide, acidic gases or gaseous hydrides such as arsine, diborane or germane. Detailed description
The F12D is equipped with a large backlit LCD that shows the gas, the measured value with the unit, and the error or alarm states. It has a 4-20 mA analog output and 3-relay outputs for control purposes. The internal data logger stores gas values at userdefined
intervals from 1 to 60 minutes. It can be powered by 24Vdc or 230Vac for local stand-alone fixed gas detection applications.
The F12IS - the intrinsically safe version of the F12D - is certified ATEX, IEC, and UL/CSA for use in hazardous areas. It is mainly used as a gas transmitter, does not have an alarm relay, and has an optional HART communication card.
ATi's Auto Test function of F12D toxic gas transmitter
The "Smart H10" sensors used in the F12 range contain calibration data and can be returned separately from the transmitter avoiding thus an on-site service. They are identical to those of the PortaSens, often used in conjunction with the fixed detectors for any doubt removal.
ATi's Auto Test function automatically checks that the cell is working correctly, ensuring the integrity of the gas detection system. The sensor response is checked with a gas sample or an interferent. This function can be programmed and scheduled, or
performed on demand from the transmitter control panel.
The life of the Auto Test is approximately 3 years and does not require calibration on-site or in the workshop. After 3 successive failures, the F12 transmitter triggers an alarm to alert the user of a cell problem requiring its replacement.
The technical specifications of the F12D toxic gases transmitter
- Gases measured: More than 60 sensors available (see table)
- Sensor type: Electrochemical
- Accuracy: ± 5 to 10% of the value, limited by the accuracy of the calibration gas
- Repeatability: ± 1% (electronic)
- Linearity: ± 0,5 % (electronic)
- Zero drift: < 2% of full scale per month, not cumulative
- Scale drift: Depends on the environment, typically less than 3% per month
- Display: 96x32 backlit LCD graphic display
- Controls: Four dome-type pushbuttons
- Auto Test option: Depending on sensor gas type and full-scale range
- Housing: Polycarbonate with stainless steel hardware. Weatherproof and corrosion resistant
- Ingress rating: IP65
- Operating conditions:
- Temperature: -30°C to +60°C (-10°C for the O2 sensor)
- Humidity: 10 to 95 % HR (without condensation)
- Weight: 680 grammes
- F12D transmitter models:
- 12 to 30 VDC, 4-20 mA outputs, RS-232/485 & relays
- 115 VAC, 50/60 Hz, 4-20 mA outputs, RS-232/485 & relays
- 230 VAC, 50/60 Hz, 4-20 mA outputs, RS-232/485 & relays
- F12IS transmitter model: 12 to 30 VDC, 4-20 mA outputs (optional HART protocol)
International delivery in compliance with international transport regulations (IATA, AMDG, ARD).
On demand "lithium" and "dangerous goods" regulated packaging.
Learn more about our worldwide shipping solutions.
PortaSens III portable ATI gas detectorStarting at $1,751.74
B12 ATI gas transmitter - Fixed gas detectorStarting at $106.62
Gas transmitter KwikSense with display, output 4-20mA and relaysStarting at $741.00
OLCT80 wireless fixed gas detector with Modbus, 4-20 mA outputs & alarm relayStarting at $1,254.90