Gas transmitter KwikSense with display, output 4-20mA and relays
The Uniphos KwikSense is an ATEX and IECEX certified universal digital gas transmitter capable of detecting a wide range of flammable, toxic, asphyxiating gas and volatile organic compounds that may be present in industrial processes and classified sites.
With more 50 gases cells available, this stand-alone gas detector is equiped with a digital display, a set of three-colour LEDs to indicate the transmitter status and one of three alarm relays (depending on the model) for control purposes. It can be installed as a stand-alone measuring point or connected to a gas detection unit or a PLC thanks to its linear 4-20 mA output. Detailed description
The gas transmitter ATEX KwikSense
The digital gas transmitter KwikSense is available exists in two versions:
KwikSense gas detector
The gas transmitter KwikSense is fitted with plug-n-play intelligent sensor technology allowing swapping of any sensor on the gas transmitter. It is thus possible to replace an electrochemical cell with a PID lamp or an infrared sensor.
This revolutionary technology of intelligent sensors, pre-calibrated at the factory, automatically sends the parameters (cell type, measurement range, alarm thresholds, etc.) into the gas transmitter. That facilitates the maintenance operations and the associated costs, as there is no need to perform a calibration after their replacement.
The KwikSense digital gas transmitter has 3 alarm relays for control, 4-20 mA and MODBUS outputs as standard, HART, and optional SIL2 certification.
The KwikSense Lite gas detector
This 'low cost' version offers the same pre-calibrated gas detection cells as the KwikSense but without the possibility of interchanging them. It also has a digital display but only one alarm relay for the controls and 4-20mA output for connection to a gas detection system.
Many accessories are available for both versions of the KwikSense digital gas transmitter depending on the needs and the applications, such as: a calibration cap, a gas manifold, a weather shield, a pipe
mounting kit, or a duct mounting kit.
Technical specifications of the KwikSense digital gas transmitter
- Cell type: Catalytic filaments, infrared, electrochemical, PID, or semiconductor following the gas to detect
- Interface: Calibration and configuration via a non-intrusive magnetic wand
- Supply voltage: 18 V to 30 VDC
- Display*: 8 x 2 OLED screen + three-colour status LED
- Load resistance: 600 Ω (max)
- Power consumption: < 3 W
- Enclosure: Explosion-proof - Cast aluminium alloy or SS-316
- Protection rating: IP66
- Cable entries: ½" NPT (2 entries)
- Connection: 3 or 4 wires
- Approximate diameter: 150 mm
- Height: 110 mm
- Cast aluminium alloy: 2.5 kg
- SS 316: 5.2 kg
- Operating conditions:
- Temperature: -20 to 60°C
- Humidity: 0-95% RH (non-condensing)
Transmitter gas KwikSense
- Outputs: 4-20 mA, RS485, HART (option) + 3 alarm relays
- Certifications: ATEX, IECEx, SIL2 (option)
- Sensor: Interchangeable pre-calibrated smart sensor
Transmitter gas KwikSense Lite
- Output: 4-20 mA + 1 alarm relay
- Certifications: ATEX, IECEx, MED
- Sensor: Pre-calibrated smart sensor
International delivery in compliance with international transport regulations (IATA, AMDG, ARD).
On demand "lithium" and "dangerous goods" regulated packaging.
Learn more about our worldwide shipping solutions.
Oxygen and toxic gas detector WatchGas UNIStarting at $201.14
MX43 gas detection controller (up to 32 transmitters)Starting at $1,749.94
Alarm horn sounder combined with a Xenon strobe warning light D2C1Starting at $958.07
ATEX multi-gas detector WatchGas POLIStarting at $853.27