OLCT80 wireless fixed gas detector with Modbus, 4-20 mA outputs & alarm relay
Ordering this product can only be done with a quotation. Upon reception of your request, our team will process it and will send you a quotation shortly.
You will be receiving an email with a link to add the quote to your cart and proceed to the online payment of your order (or according to your business/professional contract).
To request a quote: select your product and/or configuration then click on "Ask a quote". Check your request in your cart then click on "Request a quote".
You can also contact us using the "Ask a question" form below in this page.
The Wireless OLCT80 fixed gas detector is an analog and digital wireless gas transmitter for the detection of explosive (hydrocarbons, solvents, alcohols), toxic, asphyxiating (lack of oxygen) and refrigerant (HFO, CFC, HFC) gas leaks in ATEX zones.
Interconnected with each other to form a real mesh network, the OLCT80 wireless fixed gas detectors can communicate with the Master receiver up to 3 km away in open fields. The type of network will depend on the number of points, the surface to be covered, its architecture and the fiel configuration. Detailed description
The OCT80: 3 fixed gas detectors in
The - well known in the industry - Oldham OLCT80 fixed gas detector is a gas transmitter offering multiple possibilities. Thanks to its 2 auxiliary analog inputs (4-20 mA) available to connect other transmitters (gas detectors, flame detectors, etc.), it can monitor up to 3 parameters simultaneously making it particularly flexible and suitable for numerous industrial applications. The OLCT80 fixed gas detector is now available in a wireless version.
An infrared remote control allows remote configuration and control of the OLCT80 transmitter without opening its housing. Approved "intrinsically safe", this fixed monitor can be used in ATEX zone (zone 1) with a maximum range of around 5 meters.
Oldham OLCT80 Wireless gas detector version
The Oldham OLCT80 wireless gas detector is an ideal solution to meet certain gas detectors wiring constraints in industrial environments, such as:
- Gas detection on moving equipment (crane bucket, overhead traveling cranes)
- Problematic or even impossible devices wiring (road, waterway or railroad crossing)
- Measurements transmission of over long distances generating significant wiring costs, especially in classified areas
Connection between the OLCT80 wireless fixed gas monitor and the controller unit or a PLC is carried out by radio wave on 2.4 GHz bands in Europe or 900 MHz in the USA, over a distance of up to 3200 or 9600 meters respectively on a free field.
OLCT80 wireless gas transmitters communicate with each other up to a Master receiver connected to the MX43 controller unit (via an RS485 ModBus link). This Master receiver allows management of a mesh network (Mesh technology) with up to 49 transmitters powered with 10 to 30 Vdc (batteries, solar panels, etc.).
OLCT80 wireless fixed gas detector technical specifications
- Detected gases: Explosive combustible gases, hydrocarbons, solvents, toxic gases, asphyxiants or refrigerants (freons)
- Sensor type: Catalytic beads, infrared, electrochemical or semiconductor sensor cells depending on the nature of the gas to be detected (sensors are pre-calibrated).
- Power supply: 16 to 28 Vdc
- Inputs: 2 auxiliary 4-20mA analog inputs (load resistance 120 W) usable in TOR
- Outputs : - Logic: 3 potential-free relays (default, A1, A2) - Analog: standardized 4-20mA output - Digital: 2 independent opto-isolated RS 485 ports
- Display: - 4 character LCD for monitoring + 1 alphanumeric line - Indicators (green: on / yellow: fault / red: alarm) - Cable inputs: 4 M20 inputs and 2 M25 inputs
- Antenna specifications: - Frequencies: 900 MHz or 2400 MHz (to be specified when ordering) - Impedance: 50 W - Gain: 2dBi - Transmission power: 2 watts - Range (free field): 3200 meters (2.4 GHz)
- Certifications: - EEx d IIB T5 (T 100 ° C) for OLCT80 with explosion-proof sensor - EEx d [ia] ia IIB T4 (T 135 ° C) for OLCT80 with intrinsically safe sensor - INERIS 03ATEX0240X certificate
- Materials: Epoxy painted aluminum housing + 316L stainless steel gas sensor
- Cable inputs: 4 x M20 + 2 x M25
- Operating temperature: -20 ° C to + 55 ° C
- Protection index: IP66
- Weight: 3.5 kg (wired version) / 4 kg (Wireless version)
International delivery in compliance with international transport regulations (IATA, AMDG, ARD).
On demand "lithium" and "dangerous goods" regulated packaging.
Learn more about our worldwide shipping solutions.
- 1 Add products to your shopping cart.
- 2 On «My cart» page, click on the «Move Items to Quote» button.
- 3 If you already have an account, please login, otherwise you can create one or fill in your details directly.
- 4 When your quote is processed, you will receive an email notification with the ability to pay for your order online or under the terms of your pro contract.