Supplied Air Respirator - FLITE Airline respirator
The Flite is a positive pressure supplied air respirator also know as an airline respirator system protective device. It features a harness with adjustable straps with every connector and an optional spare air supply system through a 10-15 minutes autonomy compressed air cylinder for emergency evacuations.
Powered by a medium pressure compressed air hose, it can be used in industrial applications as diverse as sewer work, tank cleaning and spray painting. Detailed description
FLITE supplied air respiratory protective system
Supplied air respirators are the ideal solution for many industrial applications. Well-suited for environments where ambient oxygen rate can't be guaranteed, they combine the highest level or breathing protection for long duration use.
Fed by a medium pressure compressed air hose, it can be used in various industrial applications such as sewage operations, tank cleaning or paint spraying. Benefits of this device are obvious: no additional weight, no discomfort and a theoretically unlimited air supply.
Furthermore, SAR airline systems can be connected to a self-contained air supply like a breathing air cart with cylinders when no other compressed air supply is available through an internal network (compressor). These air trolleys can also be used as a spare air supply in case of prime air supply failure.
The FLITE SAR airline system
The FLITE supplied air respirator provides breathable air to its user from a medium pressure compressed air supply. It is composed by a lightweight harness easy to don that features padded shoulder straps, a pigtail connection for safe anti-pullout, a Tempest positive pressure on demand valve that activates at first breath and a constant flow derivation function called BY-PASS.
Because the FLITE is a positive pressure equipment, it provides the highest level of protection and thus can be used in environments with high IDLH and low oxygen rate.
In case of emergency evacuation, a compressed air cylinder can be equipped on the FLITE system at any moment. This huge additional safety unit enables users to be protected against air supply failure from the hose. Steel cylinders providing 10 to 15 minutes autonomy and an ultra-light carbon cylinder providing13 minutes autonomy are available.
The FLITE SAR main assets
- Maximal supplied air respiratory protection
- Easy operation
- High performance pneumatic system
- Easy to don on an existing device
- Large range of masks
- Evacuation cylinder provides more safety
- Many configuration possibilities (connection on a clean air network, filter, breathing air carts…)
- Easy maintenance
FLITE main technical specifications
Tempest demand valve
Compact demand valve with positive pressure, power-operated diaphragm, low breathing resistance and “hands-free” bypass ring.
- Automatic activation from first breath
- Injection-molded components from polyamide with rubber seals and diaphragms
- Bypass flow: nominal 150 liters per minute, positive pressure guaranteed
Air supply hose
- Stainless steel swivel hose connection system
- Medium pressure hose
- Maximal operating pressure: 16 bar
- Air cart for supplied air respirator - MODULAIROn quotation
- Air purifying filter unit for air purifying systems - AFUStarting at $538.58