Self-contained breathing apparatus, firefighter SCBA Dräger PSS 3000
Thanks to its ultra-lightweight yet robust design, the Dräger PSS 3000 self-contained breathing apparatus is a next generation device that has been especially designed as a firefighter SCBA. Featuring integrated air supply hoses, this firefighter air pack is very easy to use and offers excellent pneumatic performances and is highly versatile.
Its ergonomically designed harness offers real comfort of use to its user while providing high respiratory protection. Detailed description
The PSS 3000 self-contained breathing device : firefighter SCBA
The PSS® 3000 is a high performing self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA) for firefighters. Combining comfort with exceptional pneumatic performance, it is designed for applications where simplicity and ease of use are essential. Lightweight yet robust, and easy to don, this advanced SCBA provides the ultimate breathing protection.
Lightweight, robust and easy to use
To date, the PSS® 3000 is one of the world’s lightest self-contained breathing apparatus carrying system. It features a new and innovative ultra-lightweight, high strength carbon composite carrying frame which exhibits outstanding thermal, impact and chemical resistance properties. The harness - which follows the natural contours of the body - provides improved stability and reduced back strain, stress and fatigue.
Integrated flexibles for high mobility
The PSS® 3000 enables the wearer to benefit from leading edge breathing protection technology. Both the medium pressure air supply and gauge hoses are integrated into the carrying-frame to reduce the risk of snagging and entanglement. This gives the user the ability to re-route these flexible hoses from one side to the other according to its preferences.
Many available options with the PSS 3000 Dräger SCBA
- The Panorama Nova P full-face mask series sets new standards in terms of safety and wearing comfort. Thanks to its enhanced ergonomics and multiple sizes availability, it offers a large, optimized field of view and a very comfortable secure fit.
- Compressed breathing air cylinders esigned using the latest technology, advanced materials and EN type taps, Dräger’s range of composite cylinders can be used for any air supplying application.
- The Dräger PSS Lung demand valve (LDV) is suitable for the most extreme applications whenever SCBAs have to be used. Once connected to the facepiece, the LDV can move (rotating connector) to fit the user’s every move.
- Designed to save lives by alerting nearby teams when its user is motionless or in distress, the Bodyguard® 1000 emits clear and distinct alarms for fast rescue intervention.
PSS 3000 Dräger SCBA technical specifications
- Weight (back support and harness): 2.70 kg
- Dimensions in mm (h x w x d): 590 x 290 x 160 mm
- Inlet pressure: 0 - 300 bar
- Nominal regulator outlet pressure: 7.5 bar
- Regulator outlet flow: > 1000 l / min
- Demand valve output flow: > 400 l / min
- Whistle activation pressure: 50 - 60 bar
- Whistle sound level:> 90 dBA
- Certifications: Atmosphere supplying respiratory device EN 137 2006 Type 2
- Complete SCBA kit: Dräger PAS Lite Self-contained breathing apparatusStarting at $1,207.47
- Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus - PROPAK Sigma SCOTT Safety SCBAStarting at $1,395.57