MGS 250 refrigerant gas leak detector
The refrigerant gas detector MGS 250 is an infrared freon leak gas detector with digital display, 4-20 mA linear output, RS485 Modbus RTU output, alarm relay for servo-controls and buzzer for alarm signaling.
It can be configured as a broadband sensor used for the detection of most freons indiscriminately or as a characterized version for a precise and specific refrigerant gas response such as HFO R1234yf or R1234ze, HFC R134a, R410, or R32, etc ... Detailed description
The MGS 250 detects a very wide range of HFOs (Low GWP Fluoro-Olefin Hydrocarbons such as R1234yf or R1234ze), CFCs (Chloro Fluoro Carbon such as R11 or R12), HFCs (Hydro Fluoro Carbon such as R134A, R407C or R410) and HCFCs (Hydro Chloro Fluoro Carbon like R22).
It can be configured either as a broad band sensor used for the detection of coarse leaks (more economical version) or as a gas specific version which is pre-calibrated and characterized for an accurate and specific refrigerant gas response.
NDIR infrared technology for refrigerant gas detection
Equipped with an infrared sensor (NDIR), the MGS 250 is insensitive to various interferences often encountered in detecting refrigerant leaks like flammable or toxic gas.
Unlike the semiconductor technology frequently used in refrigerant gas detection, the MGS 250 is insensitive to temperature or humidity variations, with a much longer average lifespan of 5 to 7 years.
MGS 250 refrigerant gas leak detector assets
- Long life infrared (NDIR) sensor
- Detects CFC, HFC, HCFC and new HFO refrigerants
- No crossed interference with other gas, humidity or temperature
- Analog, digital and relay output
- Buzzer for alert warnings
- All parameters and output setup can be done without opening the unit
- ASHRAE 15, EN 378 and CARB RMP standards compliant
MGS 250 infrared gas detector technical specifications
- Detected gas : All CFC, HFC, HCFC et HFO (broad band version)
- R22, R134a, R404A, R407A, R407C, R407F, R422A, R422D, R452B, R507, R514A, R527A, HFO1234YF, HFO1234ZE (specific versions)
- Measure range : 0 - 3500 ppm (all versions)
- Response time : T90 < 5 minutes
- Sensor: NDIR infrared sensor, 5 to 7 years lifespan
- Power supply: 24 Vdc or 24 Vac
- Display: 4 digits red LED, 7 segments and green status LED
- Buzzer: Can be activated or deactivated by configuration
- Sorties :
- Analog: 4-20 mA, 0-5V, 0-10V, 1-5V, 2-10V
- Digital: RS485 Modbus RTU
- Relay: 1 SPDT potential free relay (1A / 24 Vac)
- Housing: ABS plastic (UL flammability index 94V-0)
- Protection index: Non IP classified (an optional splash guard is available for areas requiring additional protection for cleaning)
- Dimensions : 100 x 140 x 40 mm
- Weight: 180 grams
- Operating conditions :
- Temperature : -30 to +40 °C
- Humidity : 5 to 90% HR (without condensation)
- Certifications : CE, UL, CSA EN61010-1
- Compliance : ASHRAE 15, EN 378 et CARB RMP
- Standalone refrigerant gas monitor freons MGS 450Starting at $359.21
- HGM-MZ multi-zone refrigerant gas detection controllerStarting at $6,755.78
- PGM-IR refrigerant gas analyzer (refrigerant leak detector)Starting at $4,477.96