PGM-IR refrigerant gas analyzer (refrigerant leak detector)
Bacharach's PGM-IR is a refrigerant gas analyzer, particularly suitable for detecting leaks of halogenated refrigerants such as HFCs, HCFCs and HFOs. Its long-life non-dispersive infrared detector (NDIR) measures most known refrigerant gases.
The LCD screen displays gas concentrations in real time with a 1 ppm resolution and an audible warning device makes it possible to precisely locate the leak source when traditional leak detectors cannot… Detailed description
The PGM-IR refrigerant gas analyzer
The PGM-IR refrigerant leak analyzer is based on the infrared absorption principle. This measurement principle makes it possible to detect gases quickly, selectively and with very high precision (1 ppm for halogenated gases).
The unit self-calibrates every 4 minutes by sucking in ambient air through its filter to determine and adapt the “zero” level and thus allow the device to be used in contaminated environments without affecting target gas readings.
The PGM-IR probe helps locate leaks in tight or hard to reach places and the long-life battery provides up to 12 hours of operation. With the PC DUMP (Transfer to PC) function of the analyzer, it is possible to transfer the last 200 recorded gas measurements (in csv) for more precise monitoring and analysis.
On request, the PGM-IR is also available for CO2 leak detection (carbon dioxide), N2O (nitrous oxide) or SF6 (sulfur hexafluoride).
PGM-IR leak detector main assets
- Very precise non-dispersive infrared technology (NDIR) with a high reliability level
- High performance sampling pump for refrigerant gas leaks quick response time
- Frequency buzzer to pinpoint leak source
- Over 50 refrigerant gases accurately detected
- Very low minimum detection threshold (1 ppm)
- Locates leaks in contaminated or highly ventilated areas
- Unaffected by in humidity and temperature variations
- Minimal maintenance and no calibration required
- Over 50% leakage inspection costs reduction
PGM-IR refrigerant gas analyzer application fields
The PGM-IR is a particularly suitable solution for leaks searching in cold storages, hypermarkets, frozen food store chains which have many trays or refrigerated display cases with as many potential micro-leaks that can deteriorate food and increase operating costs.
PGM-IR Bacharach technical specifications
- Sensor: Non-dispersive infrared (NDIR)
- Sensor life: 5 to 7 years
- Detected gases: - CFC: R11, R12, R113, R114, R502, HFP - HFC: R404a (HP62), R407a, R407c (AC9000), R-134a, R410a (AZ20), R507 (AZ50), R508b (SUVA95), R236FA, R125, R245Fa, R422a, R422d, R427a, R424a, R426a and R438a - HCFC: R22, R123, R124, R500, R503, R401a (MP39), R402a (HP80), R402b (HP81), R408a, R409a, R21, R23, R227 - HALON: H1301, H2402, H1211 - HFO: FA188, FC72, N1230, H1234YF
- Measuring range: 0 - 10,000 ppm (for all gases)
- Accuracy: ± 1 ppm ± 10% of reading from 0 to 1000 ppm (For R11, R22, R113: ± 10 ppm ± 15% of reading from 0 to 1000 ppm)
- Preheating time: 5 minutes (300 seconds)
- Response time: T90 < 5 seconds (100% in 7 seconds)
- System noise: < 40dB (A) at 3m
- Measuring flow: 1 l / min
- Display: Large backlit LCD screen
- Front with 3 light indicators: - Green: Under voltage, in operation - Yellow: System fault - Red: Alarm overflow
- Battery: Rechargeable Li-Ion with charge indicator
- Operating conditions: - Temperature: 0 to 50 ° C - Humidity: 5 to 90% RH (non-condensing)
- Dimensions (Depth x Length x Width): 229 × 368 × 127 mm
- Weight: < 4 kg including battery
- Standalone refrigerant gas monitor freons MGS 450Starting at $349.82
- MGS-408 refrigerant gas detection controllerStarting at $1,001.02
- HGM-MZ multi-zone refrigerant gas detection controllerStarting at $6,579.30