HGM-MZ multi-zone refrigerant gas detection controller
Ordering this product can only be done with a quotation. Upon reception of your request, our team will process it and will send you a quotation shortly.
You will be receiving an email with a link to add the quote to your cart and proceed to the online payment of your order (or according to your business/professional contract).
To request a quote: select your product and/or configuration then click on "Ask a quote". Check your request in your cart then click on "Request a quote".
You can also contact us using the "Ask a question" form below in this page.
The Bacharach multi-zone HGM-MZ is a multi-point vacuum system controller using infrared technology with a very wide range of refrigerant gas detection.
This controller unit can manage up to 16 different zones, expandable up to 48 measurement points. The large graphic LCD display and LED status indicators provide a system overview at a glance. Alarm relays are available for servo control systems and leaks signaling. Detailed description
Refrigerant gas detection
The HGM-MZ multi-zone controller measures gas based on the infrared absorption principle. The gas sample enters a measuring cell inside the cabinet and is then exposed to infrared rays. The energy absorbed by the gas sample is then proportional to the concentration of this gas. This measurement principle thus makes it possible to detect gases quickly, selectively and with very high precision (1 ppm for halogenated gases).
The HGM-MZ multi-zone controller effectively improves the management of refrigerant gases and guarantees compliance with standards and regulations relating to refrigeration systems and heat pumps such as EN 378-2000 for Europe or ASHRAE 15 for the United States . With a sampling speed guaranteeing very rapid leak detection, this controller allows substantial savings in recharging expensive refrigerant gases while reducing refrigeration systems breakdown risk.
HGM-MZ multi-zone controller main assets
- Sensitive infrared technology with a high reliability level
- High performance sampling pump for refrigerant gas leaks fast response time
- Very low minimum detection threshold (1 ppm)
- Up to 16 remote areas, expandable to 48 measurement points
- Over 50 refrigerant gases accurately detected
- Minimal maintenance and no calibration required
- Reduction of the maintenance costs of the refrigeration installation (additional gas and intervention requests)
- Reduced energy consumption caused by lack of refrigerants
Refrigerant gas detection applications
- Cold rooms
- Data centers
- Refrigeration systems in large and medium-sized stores
- Industrial cold storage
- Machine rooms / mechanical equipment
Bacharach HGM-MZ controller technical specifications
- Power supply: 100 to 240 VAC, 50/60 Hz, 20W
- Coverage: 4,8,12 and 16 zones available
- Sensors: proprietary non-dispersive infrared technology
- Dimensions: 21 x 34.8 x 12.6 cm / Weight: 6.8 kg
- User interface : - Large backlit LCD graphic screen - Front with 3 light indicators: Green: under voltage, in operation Yellow: sensor fault, flashing yellow: system fault Flashing red: alarm exceeded
- Communications: 2-wire communication with the MZ-RD screen module or with a supervision system via an RS 485 serial interface. RS 232C and Standard00 port available
- Alarms: 4 potential-free relays 2A at 250 VAC (inductive), 5A at 250 VAC (resistive). 3 relays assigned to alarm levels, 1 assigned to system fault
- Signal feedback: Optional, 2 isolated 4-20 mA outputs (Channel 1 = Zone, Channel 2 = ppm)
- System noise: less than 40dB at 3m
- Response time: 5 to 315 seconds per zone, depending on the length of the air line and the number of zones
- Sampling mode: automatic or manual
- Sampling length: 365 meters max (152 m for NH3) combined for sampling and delivery tube.
- Operating conditions : - Temperature: 0 to 50 ° C - Humidity: 5% to 90% RH (non-condensing) - Altitude limit: 2000 meters
- Certifications: - UL 61010-1 - CAN / CA 22.2 No. 61010-1 - EN61010-1, EN61326, EN14624
- 1Add products to your shopping cart.
- 2On «My cart» page, click on the «Move Items to Quote» button.
- 3If you already have an account, please login, otherwise you can create one or fill in your details directly.
- 4When your quote is processed, you will receive an email notification with the ability to pay for your order online or under the terms of your pro contract.