Powered air purifying respirator PAPR - X-plore 8000
The Dräger powered air purifying respirator X-plore 8000 is a breakthrough in filtering respiratory protection equipment. Lightweight and efficient, it is an excellent compromise for heavy or long periods work combining comfort and safety.
Modular, the X-plore 8000 PAPR can operate with different facepieces (masks, hoods, welding shield) depending on the field of use and the required protection class. It is available in a standard version (X-plore 8500) or in an ATEX version (X-plore 8700) specially adapted to gas or dust explosive zones (1, 2, 21 and 22). Detailed description
A powered air purifying respirator especially designed for intensive use
The X-plore 8000 powered air purifying respirator system features heavy-duty design for intensive use with rubber protectors and high ingress protection (IP 65) against dust and water. Protected air intake openings ensure that sparks or water coming from the front will not be sucked into the filter.
The advanced carrying system ensures optimal weight distribution of the unit. The system provides a tight and stable connection between the belt and the unit through a special adaptor plate. The hose connector features a 360° click adaptor. To avoid eye irritation, the system's new headpieces are designed for optimal airflow and maximum comfort.
A large range of facepieces
The X-plore 8000 offers a number of user-friendly carrying systems for standard and decontamination applications such as half and full-face masks, hoods, and helmets with visor and protective visor. Standard and enhanced flexibility hoses are optionally available and compatibility is ensured.
The PAPR unit detects the type of facepieces connected and automatically selects the appropriate minimum flow rate, thus preventing leaks caused by insufficient air flow rates.
A wide range of filters
The X-plore 8000 PAPR filters range provide protection for most critical field applications against many gases, vapors and solid or liquid particles (aerosols).
An optical sensor prevents use without filter and ensures the correct display of the particulates filter saturation at any time. The filter system features plug-and-go exchange. In addition to the visual, vibrating and audio alarm, the unit is also equipped with a vibrating alarm. The entire system features uniform color codes on all exchangeable elements and an error-proof hose connector.
Easy to maintain
The X-plore 8000 powered air purifying respirator was designed to be practically maintenance free, leading to low cost of ownership. The self-check systems feature advanced temperature and pressure sensor technology to ensure the right flow rate. The simple and efficient charging system allows rapid charging (less than 4 hours for an empty battery). The unit is designed for fast and easy cleaning disassembly.
Available in standard or ATEX versions
The X-plore 8000 is available in the standard configuration (X-plore 8500) and the ATEX configuration (X-plore 8700) especially designed for dust or combustible gas explosive zones (1, 2, 21 and 22).
Dräger X-plore 8000 PAPR technical specifications
- EN 12941 with X-plore 8000 hoods, helmets and visors
- EN 12942 with X-plore 4740 half-masks and full face masks X-plore 6000 and FPS 7000
- IP65 protection (protection against dust and resistance to splashing water)
- Air flow: 3 adjustment levels (automatic configuration)
- Half mask or full mask: 115, 130 or 145 l/min
- Hoods, helmets and screens: 170, 190 or 210 l/min
- Battery technology
- Standard battery: Lithium-ion 12,6 V/3.4 Ah - Autonomy 4 hours (at 210 l/min and P3 filter)
- High capacity battery: Lithium-ion 12,6 V/6,8 Ah - Autonomy : 8 hours (at 210 l/min and P3 filter)
- Charging time: Less than 4 hours (80% charge can be reached in two hours)
- Weight: Approx. 1,400 g (X-plore® 8500 with standard battery)
- Alarm system
- Optical alarm (operational display)
- Acoustic alarm (≥ 80 dB(A) at 1 m)
- Vibration alarm
- Belt length: Adjustable between 750 mm and 1,400 mm (standard and decontaminable version)
- X-plore 8000 filters for Dräger powered respiratorStarting at $22.42
- PAPR welding helmet Dräger X-Plore 8000Starting at $1,459.06
- Constant flow airline respirator system SAR - X-plore 9300Starting at $243.83
- Airline respirator system on-demand flow - PAS X-ploreStarting at $596.35