X-plore 8500S PAPR welding helmet
Lightweight and comfortable to wear, the X-plore 8500S PAPR welding helmet is an excellent compromise for welding work combining comfort and safety. It is a respiratory system that is particularly suitable for long and strenuous work. The overpressure generated in the welding helmet guarantees a high nominal protection factor (TH2).
It is suitable for all types of arc welding (especially low-amperage TIG), plasma welding (welding and cutting), for pointing and grinding, combining eye protection and respiratory protection against particles and toxic vapours. Detailed description
The PAPR system consists of a robust casing that can be equipped with specific filters to suit the requirements of welding applications. Temperature and pressure sensors built into the casing allow the unit to automatically adjust the airflow. It is also equipped with an intelligent alarm which alerts the user in case of insufficient flow or low battery.
The welding ventilation device reduces the respiratory effort and thus reduces the fatigue caused by the use of a conventional filtering respirator such as a gas mask. It is a respiratory system that is particularly suitable for long, demanding and regular work or in case of high temperatures.
Filters for assisted ventilation welding
Welding fumes are classified as Group 2B "possibly carcinogenic" by the International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC). The chemical composition of the fumes depends on the nature of the metal used, the surface coating (paint, grease, varnish) and the welding process (metal input and welding electrodes).
Two types of respiratory protection filters can be fitted to the X-plore 8500S assisted ventilation welding unit:
- Filter type P3 (or PSL for solid and liquid particles), capable of filtering 99.97% of dust and metallic particles such as chromium, iron, nickel and cadmium oxides).
- Combined filter A2-P3, highly recommended in case of presence of grease or paint on the metal to be welded. Indeed, when heated to high temperatures, paints, greases and varnishes present on the surface of the parts to be welded release toxic fumes and vapors such as formaldehyde or certain polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAH).
X-Plore 8500S PAPR welding helmet technical specifications
- Function: PAPR specific to welding (arc welding, TIG, plasma, pointing and grinding)
- Certifications: EN 12941 TH2
- Shade range: Optoelectronic len 9-13 (automatic adjustment by auto-darkening lens)
- Lens dimensions: 9 x 11 cm (standard)
- Helmet: PA with PU coating
- Visor: Polycarbonate (32 cm x 15.5 cm)
- Removable anti-perspiration adjustable band
- Size: One size fits all
- Weight: Approx. 490 g
- Degree of protection: IP65 (resistance to dust and water projections)
- Hose connector: At the back, overhead ventilation duct, air outlet by diffusion
- Airflow: 3 levels of adjustment 170, 190 or 210 l/min
- Battery technology:
- Standard battery: Lithium-ion 12.6 V/3.4 Ah
- High capacity battery: Lithium-ion 12.6 V/6.8 A
- Battery life:
- Standard battery: 4 hours (at 210 l/min and P3 filter)
- High capacity battery: 8 hours (at 210 l/min and P3 filter)
- Charging time: Less than 4 hours (80% charge can be reached in two hours)
- Alarm system:
- Optical alarm (operational display)
- Acoustic alarm ((≥ 80 dB(A) at 1 m)
- Vibration alarm
International delivery in compliance with international transport regulations (IATA, AMDG, ARD).
On demand "lithium" and "dangerous goods" regulated packaging.
Learn more about our worldwide shipping solutions.
X-plore 8000 filters for Dräger powered respiratorStarting at $27.75
Powered air purifying respirator PAPR - X-plore 8000Starting at $1,061.83
Constant flow airline respirator system SAR - X-plore 9300Starting at $283.16