Complete SCBA Kit (Self-contained breathing apparatus type 1) RN/A 1603
The RN/A 1603 complete and ready-to-use SCBA kit is intended for interventions in non-breathable, oxygen-poor, or asphyxiating environments. It is composed of a light and comfortable harness, a full face mask, and a 6-liter compressed air cylinder at 300 bar (i.e., 1800 liters of breathable air), all of which are stored in a sturdy transport and storage case.
The RN/A 1603 SCBA combines a high level of respiratory protection with economical and easy-to-handle equipment for industrial maintenance and emergency response. It is certified Type 1 according to the EN 137:2006 standard for self-contained open-circuit compressed air breathing apparatus. Detailed description
The thermoformed polypropylene back plate of the RN/A 1603 SCBA is light and robust. Its anatomical shape keeps it in optimal position even when bending or crawling. The back support strap is cushioned to increase comfort and can be fitted with a special padded belt at the kidney level to enhance the equipment's portability. Specially designed handles allow for easy operation and donning of the SCBA.
The RN/A 1603 SCBA features a demand valve that maintains positive pressure in the mask cavity to prevent contaminated air from leaking inside. It is possible, if necessary, to switch to constant flow by turning the demand valve ring by a simple quarter turn. A low-pressure alarm is activated when the residual pressure drops below 55 bar.
The shoulder-mounted pressure gauge is provided with a luminous dial for good readability in poorly lit areas. A protective rubber cover and polycarbonate housing form a rugged and waterproof unit.
The technical specifications of the type 1 complete SCBA kit
Harness / back plate complete SCBA kit specifications
- Polypropylene back plate, harness with padding, and self-extinguishing traps with elastomer foam
- Inlet pressure: 0-300 bar
- Compensated piston regulator in a nickel-plated brass alloy
- Demand valve with patented alarm signal
- Low-pressure alarm setting: 55 ± 5 bar
- Phosphorescent rubber pressure gauge 0-360 bar with contrast zone 0-50 bar
- Approvals: Self-contained breathing apparatus EN137: 2006 Type 1
TR82 respiratory protection mask specifications
- Full-face mask EN136 class 3 with DIN Rd40 EN 148-3 threaded connection (for filter or SCBA connexion)
- Very comfortable EPDM rubber mask, panoramic polycarbonate lens with a large field of vision
- Set of five EPDM straps and PVC shoulder strap
- Molded outer skirt for excellent fit on the face
- Great comfort of use even for long periods
Compresses air cylinder specifications
- Steel cylinder 6 liters 300 bar (1800 liters of breathing air) for an autonomy of about 45 minutes at 40 l/min.)
- Length 510mm Ø 140mm / Empty weight : 7.2 kg (without valve)
- Complies with EN 144-1, PED directive 97/23/EC and is CE marked
Transport and storage case
The orange colored transport case allows its identification. It contains all the components of the SCBA, including the connected compressed air cylinder ready for use.
International delivery in compliance with international transport regulations (IATA, AMDG, ARD).
On demand "lithium" and "dangerous goods" regulated packaging.
Learn more about our worldwide shipping solutions.
Self-contained breathing apparatus for short interventions - PAS MicroStarting at $2,002.86
Complete SCBA kit: Dräger PAS Lite Self-contained breathing apparatusStarting at $1,355.48
Personal alert safety system - Bodyguard 1000Starting at $211.46