CO2 fixed gas detector for safe area - CTX300 IRCO2
The CTX300 IRCO2 is a CO2 (carbon dioxide) fixed gas detector using infrared technology. This gas detector features a 4-20 mA linear output and is for use in unclassified areas (safe areas). CTX300 IRCO2 has been designed to monitor CO2 in many fields of activities such as agri-food and wine-growing industries, fermentation cellars, breweries, cryonics, cosmetics, laboratories, confined spaces… Detailed description
CO2 gas detector (carbon dioxide)
CO2 (carbon dioxide) is a colorless and odorless gas and its major related hazard is about its asphyxiating properties. As it is heavier than air and is not detectable through smell, it replaces oxygen in the air in case of leak in fermenting process or in poorly ventilated spaces such as crawl spaces, manholes, pits, sewers, tanks…
In order to prevent any risk related to this gas, it is highly recommended to implement a fixed CO2 gas detection system – when it’s not required – in order to continuously monitor carbon dioxide concentration in ambient air and to alert (audible and/or visual signal) or take actions (mechanical ventilation) if necessary. In addition to this fixed gas detection system, a portable CO2 gas detector used as a PPE (personal protective equipment) can be relevant.
CTX300 IRCO2 CO2 detector assets
- Reduced maintenance: the CTX 300 IRCO2 measuring sensor is the only consumable item and is interchangeable and factory pre-calibrated with attached calibration certificate.
- Ease of use: no particular sensor data memorization or validation shall be performed when replacing a sensor. Just replace sensors without shutting down power supply!
- Powerful sensors: infrared sensors to detect CO2 from 5,000 ppm to 100%/vol.
- Foolproof ruggedness: Case made of polycarbonate and stainless steel fibers and staliness steel screws, resistant to corrosive agents (H2S, HCl, sprays…) and high mechanical resistance
- Adapted options: Interchangeable removable filters without case opening (dust and water resistant), anti-spray unit, gas collector, remote calibration cup...
CTX300 IRCO2 CO2 detector technical specifications
- Power supply: 15 to 32 VDC (24 Vcc nominal)
- Output signal: 4-20 mA measurement (fault < 1mA, maintenance = 2 mA)
- Consumption : 110 mA
- Linearization board: optional
- Setup: Local through zero potentiometer and sensitivity
- Dimensions (lxhxd): 130 x 136 x 69 in mm
- Case material: Corrosion-resistant housing made of polycarbonate, stainless steel screws
- Sealing: IP66
- CE certification: Electromagnetic compatibility according to EN 50270
CO2 gas detection main applications
- Agri-food industries, refrigerant systems
- Wine-making, devatting, racking and in storage buildings (wineries and wine cellars)
- Fermenting cellars, craft and industrial cheese dairies
- Laboratories and research centers
- Confined or poorly ventilated spaces (crawl spaces, manholes, pits, sewers, tanks)
- MGS-450 CO2 controller with buzzer & relay output - Standalone CO2 detectorStarting at $601.24
- Digital fixed gas detector - OLCT10N (series connection)Starting at $412.55
- MX32 gas controller (up to 8 transmitters)Starting at $1,041.92