Asbestos supplied air respirator - RAS Asbestos
The RAS Asbestos supplied air respirator has been especially designed to meet requirements from the asbestos removal sector and polluted sites dismantling. This is a supplied air respirator with positive pressure featuring a P3 filter in addition to a breathing air supply for easy entry and exit from decontamination chambers.
A medium pressure alert whistle is mounted on the demand valve supply hose to warn of any air supply problem, indicating that the user must switch to the filter cartridge. Detailed description
An Asbestos specific respiratory protective device
The RAS Asbestos has been especially designed to meet requirements from the asbestos removal sector and polluted sites dismantling. This supplied air respirator with positive pressure offers the highest level of respiratory protection. The P3SL particle filter cartridge connected to the mask improves entry and exit from decontamination chambers.
At the end of the time exposure, user can remove the filter cartridge cover and disable the demand valve to switch to the air purifying respiratory protection mode in order to safely exit the area…
RAS Asbestos supplied air respirator
The P3 filter cartridge connected to the mask features a stopper cap to avoid any contamination when it is not used. A non-return valve located on the thread entry keeps positive pressure into the internal mask. User connects the air supply then places the stopper cap on the filter to switch from air purifying operation to demand valve operation.
The air supply hose can be disconnected and a non-return valve avoid any contamination of the supply hose. The air supply can be connected with a stainless steel CEN plug connector featuring an anti-pullout hook especially designed not to pull out the mask from the face. A medium pressure alert whistle is mounted on the demand valve supply hose to alert in case of air supply failure in order for user to switch to air purifying mode.
An AA quality coalescent filter is mounted to the air supply hose to avoid any contamination of the mask by fibers or particles that may be present in the air supply hose. A washable unique shoulder harness improves the decontamination process as to fabric that could trap particles is used.
RAS Asbestos technical specifications
Tempest on demand valve
Compact demand valve with positive pressure, tilting power-operated diaphragm, low breathing resistance and “hands free” bypass ring.
- Automatic activation from first breath
- Injection-molded components from polyamide with rubber seals and diaphragms
- Activation from first breath: 20 to 30 mbar
- Peak flow performance: greater than 500 liters per minute
- Bypass flow: 150 liters per minute, positive pressure guaranteed
- Static positive pressure 1.0 to 4.0 mbar guaranteed by the factory set breathing valve
Asbestos SAR P3 filter
- Air purifying from coalescent liquid and solid particles
- Air quality according to ISO 8573.1: class 1 Dust
- Particles efficiency: 99.9999% at 0.01 micrometer
Asbestos supplied air respirator air supply hoses
- Stainless steel swivel hose connection system
- Medium pressure hose
- Maximal operating pressure: 16 bar
- Minimal burst pressure: 80 bar
- Air cart for supplied air respirator - MODULAIROn quotation
- Full face mask for SAR system - PROMASK COMBIOn quotation
- Air purifying filter unit for air purifying systems - AFUStarting at $666.32