CPS Car park gas detection controller (Car Park System)
The CPS car park gas detection system (Car Park System) has been specially developed for measurement and control of pollutants in parking lots and tunnels. This continuous monitoring system significantly reduces operating costs by optimizing ventilation systems’ efficiency.
Available in a 19’’ wall or rack version, the CPS gas controller panel and its various alarm modules can manage up to 256 gas transmitters distributed over 8 lines. Several fan run orders are available such as low or high speed, timed run, forced run, night mode, etc. Detailed description
Parking gas detection
The presence of gas detection systems in parking lots is a necessity for user’s safety. Car parks are confined spaces and exhaust gases released by vehicles’ combustion engines can be dangerous for health, hence the need to set up a parking gas detection system.
The main harmful gases present in car parks and tunnels are carbon monoxide (CO) and nitrogen oxides (NOx). Other gases are also present, in lower concentrations such as LPG and recently hydrogen (H2) emitted when charging electric vehicles.
Real energy savings with the CPS controller
In order to minimize risks associated to combustion gases presence, most car parks are equipped with air extractors. These devices, although effective, are very expensive energy-wise because ventilation systems operate at fixed times or randomly unrelated to the present toxic gases concentrations…
The technology used by the CPS parking gas detection controller allows continuous air monitoring. The direct consequence is a significant and immediate operating costs reduction in addition to the safety aspect of air quality control. We can thus have an appropriate management of ventilation systems and other controls which will be optimally controlled based on exact gas concentrations.
The main assets of the Car Parc System (CPS)
- Continuous air quality monitoring with optimum fan control.
- A flexible and scalable system up to 256 gas sensors including CO, NO, NO2, LPG and H2
- Several operating orders available such as low or high speed, timed operating, forced operating, night mode, etc.
- 6 alarm thresholds programmable by detectors for better management of slaves and smoke extraction
- Suitable for most car parks, from small 1,500 m2 car parks to larger car parks
CPS car park gas detection system technical specifications
- Power supply: 85 to 264 Vac / Consumption: 1.5 A
- Internal backup battery: Optional, capacity 600 mA / h
- Capacity: 8 lines of 32 modules or 256 gas sensors
- Cable type: 2 shielded twisted pairs RS485
- Modules supply: 12 to 30 Vdc delivered by the control panel
- Modules digital network: RS485 Modbus, addresses 1 to 32 selectable by mini-switches
- Insulation: 1500 V between power supply and digital network
- Display: Backlit LCD display (2 lines of 32 characters, 1 line of pictograms, 3 LEDs for operating status)
- Keyboard: Intuitive 7 keys
- Local buzzer: Audible alarm and fault signal
- Alarms: 6 alarms per sensor (programmable thresholds on instantaneous or average values, by increasing or decreasing value, with manual or automatic reset)
- Relay output: 3 internal local relays
- Digital outputs: - RS485 Modbus Protocol (centralized supervision equipment connection) - RS232 or USB for printer connection
- Dimensions: 320 x 180 x 95 mm (wall version) or 19 ”4 U (rack)
- Protection degree: IP54 (wall version) or IP31 (rack version)
- Cable inputs / outputs: 5 M20 cable glands for local power and relays / 9 cable grommet or PG 9
- Operating conditions: - Temperature: -10 to +40 ° C - Humidity: 5 to 95% RH (non-condensing)
- Certifications: - Low Voltage Directive: The device is compliant with the safety requirements of the 2014/35 / EU directive - Metrology: Underground car parks: according to VDI 2053 - EMC electromagnetic: According to EN 50270
- Digital fixed gas detector - OLCT10N (series connection)Starting at $418.95
- MX32 gas controller (up to 8 transmitters)Starting at $1,058.08
- MX43 gas detection controller (up to 32 transmitters)Starting at $1,618.66
- AL1 XB visual and audible panelStarting at $164.25