FS20X Optical flame detector - UV/IR fire detection
The Honeywell FS20X is a powerful and reliable UV / IR detector combining an ultraviolet and infrared sensor, thereby increasing immunity to false alarms by measuring two different flame spectra.
If the detector's UV signal is degraded due to thick smoke or contaminated lens, the IR sensor will trigger the fire alarm despite reduced sensitivity and a slower response time. Detailed description
UV / IR detector: combination of 2 different sensors
To trigger a fire alarm, the UV / IR detector must simultaneously receive information from the UV and IR sensors. In case of arc welding, the UV sensor will be energized but the IR sensor will not detect heat, there will be no fire alarm. Similarly, facing an object emitting a large heat source, the IR sensor will react but the UV sensor will not be triggered.
Two high performance microprocessors
Two microprocessors guarantee measurements performance and reliability with a very short response time. The master microprocessor performs high-speed digital sampling and signal processing calculations, while the slave microprocessor processes various sensor data such as self-diagnosis, interface communication, event and data storage.
Up to 60 meters range
The FS20X UV / IR detector has an over 60 meters detection range (with very high sensitivity setting) able to detect a heptane reference fire of 0.1 m2. Its vision cone is, in terms of volumetric coverage, significantly higher than that of most UV / IR detectors on the market.
UV / IR detector main assets
- Technology suitable for hydrogen, hydrocarbons (petrol, ethanol, methane), paper, wood fires and more.
- Two high performance microprocessors for better measurement integrity, very short response time
- Immunity to arc welding and rejection of false alarms in all ambient conditions.
- 4 sensitivity levels, selectable by switch for adapted use to each particular case
- PC software and interface module for diagnosis and data and event log downloading.
- Display and correct operation indicator: Green (energized), red (alarm), yellow (error).
- Minimal maintenance for error-free operation.
FS20X flame detector technical specifications
- Fields of vision: 90 ° ± 45 ° horizontal cone of vision relative to the axis
- Sensitivity: 4 levels selectable by switch - very high (60 m), high (45 m), medium (30 m) and low (15 m)
- Response time : - 3 to 5 seconds for n-heptane fire from 0.1 m2 to 30 m - 3 to 10 seconds for n-heptane fire from 0.1 m² to 60 m
- Power supply: Nominal voltage 24 Vdc (18-32 Vdc) - regulated
- Analog output: 0 to 20 mA step by step sink or source
- Communication: ModBus RS-485 or RS-485 FireBus II
- Output relay: - Fire alarm relay: Selectable NO and NC contacts - Auxiliary relay: Selectable NO and NC contacts - Error relay: Selectable NO and NC contacts
- Visual indications: Green (power), red (alarm), yellow (error)
- Housing: Aluminum NEMA4 (IP66), tamper-resistant with 3/4 ”NPT openings (M25 optional).
- Stainless steel case available
- Protection index: IP66
- Mounting: Optional swivel mount
- Operating temperature: -40 ° C to 85 ° C
- Humidity range: 5 to 98% RH
- Weight: 1.8 kg (Aluminum) or 3.4 kg (Stainless steel)
- Certifications: - ATEX / IECEx: II 2 G Ex db IIC T4 (Ta: -40 to + 110 ° C), - FM: Class I, division 1 and 2, groups B, C and D; Class II, Div. 1 and 2, groups E, F and G; Class III - CE: EN6100-6-4 and EN50130-4 compliant - INMETRO CU-TR - SIL classification: FMEDA
- UV/IR & IR3 Optical flame detector - FSL 100Starting at $1,754.29
- FS24X Optical flame detector - IR3 detector (Triple IR)Starting at $3,048.60
- SharpEye optical flame detector - UV/IR, IR3 & IR4 detectorStarting at $3,156.55
- OLCT100 fixed gas detector - ATEX SIL2 combustible, toxic & refrigerant gasStarting at $694.68