SharpEye optical flame detector - UV/IR, IR3 & IR4 detector
Based on the optical analysis technology, the SharpEye 40/40 flame detector is sensitive to the radiation emitted by flames and combustion products. Depending on the model, it can be fitted with one or more sensors, either UV or IR or a combination of both.
With a 150,000 hours MTBF (average time between failures), the SharpEye optical flame detector quickly detects and reports all fuel and gas fires at very long distance with a less than 5 seconds response time in the worst case. Detailed description
SharpEye 40/40I optical flame detector - IR3 flame detector
This is the most commonly used model in the petrochemical industry and oil rigs. This flame detector combines 3 infrared sensors for hydrocarbons fire detection up to 65 meters away, while guaranteeing reliability and immunity. Marine approval.
SharpEye 40/40LB optical flame detector - UV / IR flame detector
This detector combines a UV sensor and an IR sensor for detection of hydrocarbon (petrol, ethanol, diesel, methane), metal and hydrogen fires detection. Good resistance to sunlight, artificial light and radiation from welding operations.
SharpEye 40/40M optical flame detector - IR4 flame detector
Combination of 4 infrared sensors for flame detection from most fires over distances up 5 to 65 meters maximum, with high immunity to false alarms. Version with the same characteristics as IR3 with the addition of hydrogen detection.
SharpEye flame detector technical specifications
- Materials: SS 316L stainless steel
- Vision cone: - Model 40 / 40I & 40 / 40LB: 100 ° horizontal, 95 ° vertical - Model 40 / 40M: 90 ° horizontal & vertical
- Optical sensitivity: - Model 40 / 40I (IR3) & 40 / 40M (IR4): Up to 65m - Model 40 / 40LB (UV / IR): Up to 15m
- Self-test: Integrated Test (Built-In-Test, BIT)
- Heated optics: For operation in difficult conditions (snow, ice, condensation)
- Power supply: 24 V DC nominal (18 - 32 VDC)
- Absorbed power : - Standby: max. 90 mA (110 mA with heated optics) - Alarm: max. 130 mA (160 mA with heated optics)
- Output signals: - Analog 0-20 mA (in increments) & HART - Relay output: potential free SPST 2A at 30Vdc - Communication: Modbus compatible
- Certification: - ATEX and IECEx: Ex II 2GD Ex de IIB + H2 T5 (-55 ° C + 75 ° C) - FM / FMC / CSA: Class I Div1 Groups B, C & D Class II / III Div1, Groups E, F & G - SIL: SIL2 by TÜV according to IEC61508 - Marine: DNV and ABS MED-B and MED-D (wheelmark) type approval, awarded by DNV - CE EMI / RFI marking protected according to EN61326-3 and EN61000-6-3
- Dimensions: 90 x 114 x 156 mm
- Protection index: IP66 and IP67, NEMA 250 6P
- Weight: 2.5 kg (+1 kg for the ball joint)
- Operating temperature: -50 ° C to + 75 ° C
- UV/IR & IR3 Optical flame detector - FSL 100Starting at $1,672.13
- FS20X Optical flame detector - UV/IR detectorStarting at $2,905.81
- FS24X Optical flame detector - IR3 detector (Triple IR)Starting at $2,905.81
- OLCT100 fixed gas detector - ATEX SIL2 combustible, toxic & refrigerant gasStarting at $662.14