MultiFlame DF-TV7 Optical flame detector
The Oldham Simtronics MultiFlame DF-TV7 optical detector has been designed to detect hydrocarbon fires, while minimizing false alarms. SIL2 or SIL3 certified depending on the model (highest safety level), its very high performance makes it the most efficient detector on the market. Detailed description
The MultiFlame DF-TV7 is fully configurable thanks to the TLU600 portable communication terminal offering great flexibility to the user. The MultiFlame product family offers two configuration types:
- DF-TV7-T multi-spectrum IR technology
- DF-TV7-V combined UV and IR technology
MultiFlame DF-TV7-T: Multi-spectrum IR
3 individual wavelengths. The use of three distinct infrared bands and a sophisticated signal processing algorithm provide excellent performance while maintaining an extremely low false alarm rate.
The detector can be supplied with:
- A standard cartridge, covering the widest range of applications
- A high sensitivity cartridge for special applications where maximum sensitivity is required
MultiFlame DF-TV7-V: UV + 2 IR combination
The DF-TV7-V is a flame detector that combines a UV sensor and 2 infrared bands. This version is particularly suitable for difficult conditions involving rain, wind, fast light variation, modulations of hot springs or industrial light and other difficult environmental conditions.
The DF-TV7-V can also be configured for special applications, where use in IR or UV alone is required. The UV detector can be sensitive to radiation from electric arcs, x-rays and gamma rays.
TLU 600 remote control
Detector status is visible on the remote control screen, configuration and testing can be performed through this wireless remote control.
Technical specifications of MultiFlame DF-TV7 optical flame detector
- Optical flame detector: hydrocarbons and carbon compounds
- DF-TV7-T multi-spectrum infrared flame detector
- DF-TV7-V combined IR and UV detection
- Start-up time: 15s.
- Self test: periodic optical self-test through the window
- Calibration: factory stting, does not require rework
- Output signals: 4-20 mA Active type (source) max load impedance 700 Ω
- Alarms: 2 configurable relays, max. 1A / 30 Vdc, 3 states (normal, fire and fault alarm)
- Power supply: 24 Vdc, (18 - 28 Vdc)
- Consumption: 70 mA nominal, 155 mA during the self-test
- Housing: 316L stainless steel
- Protection: IP66
- Weight: 5.1 kg
- Operation: from -40°C to + 65°C, 99% RH (non-condensable)
- Sun protection: temp. surface area max. 85 ° C (optional)
- Functional safety: according to standard IEC / EN 61508
- DF-TV7-T: SIL3 with an MTBF of 191,500 hours
- DF-TV7-V: SIL2 with an MTBF of 162,000 hours
- ATEX: II 2 G Ex d IIC T6 Gb (from -40°C to + 65°C)
- IECEx: IEC 60079-0 / IEC 60079-1
International delivery in compliance with international transport regulations (IATA, AMDG, ARD).
On demand "lithium" and "dangerous goods" regulated packaging.
Learn more about our worldwide shipping solutions.