MEWP harness set - Mobile Elevated Work Platform Height Safety
According to regulations for working at heights, it is essential to wear PPE to protect against accidents and risk of falling. The MEWP harness (Mobile Elevated Work Platform) is a safety equipment that meets these requirements! It must be connected to an anchor point provided on the platform.
On construction sites, there are many reasons for jerks on the basket: holes on the ground, impacts with other machines, basket swings. The risk of falls is frequent and most MEWP manufacturers recommend wearing a safety harness. Detailed description
The MEWP harness set
The MEWP harness set (Mobile Elevated Work Platform kit) includes the essential elements for all interventions on a cherry picker. It consists of a 2-point safety harness (compliant with the EN361 standard), a connecting lanyard (in accordance with the EN 354 standard), equipped with steel screw connectors to be connected to the anchor point of the MEWP and an easily transportable bag with its adjustable strap.
Note that the lanyard is not considered as a fall arrest. The Class M connectors are made of corrosion-resistant steel and are equipped with an automatic manual locking clasp.
The 2-point safety harness
Safety harness with a sternal attachment point on two webbing loops to connect and two dorsal attachment points, either on metal "D" or at the end of the extension strap. Adjustment is facilitated by quick buckles at the leg straps and the ends of the straps are held in place by loops.
Connection lanyard with class M connectors
Connecting lanyard according to EN 354: 2010, it allows work restraint and/or limitation of displacement. It is made from a polyamide halyard with quilted stitched buckles.
Practical bag for storing equipment with a large main zipped compartment and a front zipped pocket. Easily transportable with its adjustable shoulder strap.
Technical characteristics of MEWP harness
- Validated by tests at 140 kg.
- 44 mm wide main straps in polyester (R> 27 kN).
- Simultaneous adjustment of the straps and thigh straps by male-female quick-release metal buckles in white zinc-plated steel.
- Fall arrest attachment on a metal thimble or on an extension strap length 30 cm.
- Sternal fall arrest attachment on two webbing loops to be connected together.
- Large back plate in black polypropylene.
- 25mm wide on chest strap.
- Static resistance on rope > 15 kN.
- One size / Weight: 770 g.
1 meter connecting lanyard
- Composition: polyamide halyard Ø 10.5 mm.
- Static resistance ≥ 22 kN.
- Weight: 95 g.
Steel screw connector (class M)
- Opening 18 mm.
- Static resistance ≥ 23 kN.
- Material: corrosion-resistant steel.
- Weight: 155 g.
Carrying bag in D polyester
- Triangle bag with adjustable velcro strap.
- 1 main zipped compartment.
- 1 zipped front pocket.
- Capacity: 15 liters.
International delivery in compliance with international transport regulations (IATA, AMDG, ARD).
On demand "lithium" and "dangerous goods" regulated packaging.
Learn more about our worldwide shipping solutions.
Entry-level fall arrest harnesses NUSL1 ECO & NUSL2 ECOStarting at $29.85
Versatile fall arrest harness NUS65A for work at heightStarting at $98.09
Pack & Go - Safety harness with integrated bagStarting at $98.09
Fall arrest safety harness VIT'O for work at height or in confined spacesStarting at $126.88