Powered air purifying respirator - Phantom Vision PAPR
The latest generation of powered air purifying respirators: the Scott Safety by 3M Phantom Vision PAPR features an unlimited field of view and brings unrivalled comfort to its users working all day long. This PAPR provides 160 liters per minute airflow and is thus well-suited for asbestos level 2.
The compact and ergonomic Phantom Vision PAPR is available in three sizes and features a scratch-resistant screen mounted on the popular Vision gas mask, which has already proven itself in many demanding work environments. Detailed description
A versatile and powerful powered air purifying respirator
After extensive reach on theasbestos and nuclear sectors, the Phantom Vision powered air purifying respirator has been designed to exceed the most demanding requirements for these applications. This hose-free PAPR is compliant with any recent standard from national and international organisations.
Because of its comfort, performance and reliability specifications, this respirator is ideal for many applications such as asbestos removal, grain handling, lead oxide pickling as well as applications in the pharmaceutical and nuclear industries.
Recognized high-end PAPR technology
- The new Phantom Vision provides 160 liters per minute airflow during at least 8 hours.
- New brushless motor for reliable operation during the complete working period.
- The battery includes lithium-ion cells to eliminate re-charge memory issues.
- Reduced maintenance costs thanks to water resistance and electronic motor control.
A respiratory protective PAPR mask dedicated to asbestos removal
Thanks to its nominal airflow beyond 160 l/min, its comfort, performance, reliability and maintenance specifications, the Phantom Vision powered air purifying respirator is well suited for applications like asbestos removal (level 2).
- 160 litres per minute airflow for up to 8 hours
- The Phantom Vision papr can be worn during safety showers
- It can be quickly and easily be dismantled after use for thorough cleaning
- Any part can be cleaned or wiped with a sponge
- Assigned protection factor (according to the British Standard BS4275): 40
- Assigned protection factor de 60 (according to the French INRS 2012): 60
Phantom Vision powered air purifying respirator key features
- The unit can be worn during safety showers
- Unrestricted field of view with distorsion free visor
- Motor installed in the mask for a continuous respiratory protection during the decontamination process
- All major parts are modular for rapid replacement
- Belt mounted battery
- Provided in a reusable box for storage and transport
- CE certification according to the EN 12942 standard, class TM3
- Available in three different sizes to fit in any morphology
Gas mask or powered air purifying respirator?
Powered air purifying respirators (PAPR) represent the highest safety level of personal purifying respirators. Contrary to classic gas masks, these devices are positive pressure units. This means that the breathing effort is not made by the users but through a motor that directly injects a constant clean air flow into a facepiece.
Powered air purifying respirators should be selected for harsh works of long-term applications!
Scott PAPR Phantom Vision approved filters
Filters approved for use with the Phantom Vision powered mask are type Rd50 (50mm connection) for solid and liquid particles (dust, fibers, mists, fumes, bacteria and viruses) - PF 251/2 Type PSL
Respiratory protection filters for Phantom Vision PAPR masks are air purifying devices. Therefore they can only be used when the oxygen content is strictly greater than 19% of the volume.
- Powered air purifying respirator RD40 3M Scott Safety Proflow SC PAPRStarting at $954.59
- Powered air purifying respirator PAPR - X-plore 8000Starting at $958.19
- Constant flow airline respirator system SAR - X-plore 9300Starting at $262.96
- Airline respirator system on-demand flow - PAS X-ploreStarting at $659.21