Pac 8000 - Cl2, CO2, COCl2, HCN, NH3, NO, NO2, O3 or PH3 gas detector
Compact and lightweight, the Pac 8000 portable single-gas detector is very intuitive and user-friendly. It is particularly well-suited to accurately monitor ozone (O3) in very low concentrations starting at 0.02 ppm, and phogene (COCl2), starting at 0.01 ppm.
It can also be equipped with ammonia (NH3), chlorine (Cl2), hydrogen cyanide (HCN), carbon dioxide (CO2), nitrogen monoxide (NO), nitrogen dioxide (NO2) or phosphine (PH3) sensors. Its powerful sensors with short T90 response times guarantee a fast response. Detailed description
The Dräger Pac 8000 special gas detector
The Pac 8000 has been designed to detect presence of special gases. Indeed, this portable gas detector is able to monitor ozone (O3) at very low concentrations from 0.02 ppm, phosgene (COCl2) from 0.01 ppm or organic vapors (OV) from 0.1 ppm.
O3 ozone gas detector
Even if its toxicity depends on many factors (temperature, pressure, concentration), ozone is harmful for the breathing system (lungs, nose, throat) and irritating to eyes. As it is particularly well-suited for detecting special gases,the Pac 8000, equipped with its ozone sensor can donitor O3 at very low concentrations from 0.02 ppm.
COCl2 phosgene gas detector
Phosgene (COCl2) is extremely toxic, which explains its usage as a chemical weapon during the First World War. It is moreover still classified in tthe weapons category. This gas is highly toxic by inhalation (R26) and may cause chemical burns (R34). With its phosgene sensor, the Pac 8000 can detect COCl2 at very low concentrations from 0.01 ppm.
Pac 8000 gas detector assets
- Robust design even in the harshest conditions: thePac 8000 can easily operate in the most extreme conditions.Its housing is resistant to shocks and chemical products and meets the IP68 ingress protection requirements. Thanks to its specific membrane filter, it is waterproof and resistant to dust and other foreign bodies.
- Easy operation with clear instructions: the large display without text clearly indicates gas concentration. Other essential information like measurement unit and battery remaining life are also displayed. Thanks to a powerful screen, each information can be easily read even in the darkest environments.
- 360° visual alarm featuring various functionalities: once the monitor detects hazardous concentrations, it activates audiovisual and vibrating alarms. Two powerful blinking LEDs located on the top of the device enable the alarm to be clearly seen from anywhere. The acoustic signal features 90 dB to alert users.
- Datalogging and event history for analyzis and report: the Pac 8000 logs concentrations and events with date and time. Thanks to a software interface, data can be retrieved through a PC for further treatment (even if they were acknowledged).
Pac 8000 special gas detector technical specifications
- Dimensions – without clip - (l x h x d): 64 x 84 x 20 mm
- Weight: Approx. 106 g (113 g with clip)
- Battery service life: 2 years
- Ingress protection: IP68
- Atmospheric pressure: De 700 à 1 300 hPa
- Humidity: 10 à 90 % relative humidity, non-condensing
- Operating temperature: -30 °C to +55 °C
- Certifications: cCSAus, IECEx, ATEX, CE
- Cl2, CO, H2, H2S, HCN, NH3, NO2, O2, PH3 or SO2 detector - Gasbadge ProStarting at $419.79
- Ventis Pro 5 multi gas monitor w. PASS Ex, Cl2, CO2, CO, H2S, HCN, NO2, NH3Starting at $1,787.03
- X-am 5600 - 6 gas monitor Ex/CO2 (IR), Cl2, ClO2, CO, H2S, HCN, NH3, NO, NO2Starting at $1,811.65
- X-am 8000 portable 7 gas monitor - Combustible, toxic gases & VOC (PID)Starting at $2,679.37