K-SB30 ASTTAR Emergency evacuation self-rescuer
Ordering this product can only be done with a quotation. Upon reception of your request, our team will process it and will send you a quotation shortly.
You will be receiving an email with a link to add the quote to your cart and proceed to the online payment of your order (or according to your business/professional contract).
To request a quote: select your product and/or configuration then click on "Ask a quote". Check your request in your cart then click on "Request a quote".
You can also contact us using the "Ask a question" form below in this page.
The ASTTAR self-rescuer is used for work in confined spaces. It ensures operator safety while being very easy to use. It is a
respiratory protection device designed for emergency evacuation. It has an autonomy of 30 minutes for evacuation and 90 minutes in the waiting position for help (seated position).
The ASTTAR K-SB30 operates on the principle of oxygen generation by chemical reaction: moisture and carbon dioxide from exhaled air produce a KO2 chemical reaction, while carbon dioxide is fixed and oxygen is released into a breathing bag. It is quick and easy to use, even in the most extreme conditions. Detailed description
The use of a self-rescuer such as the ASTTAR is highly recommended, and even mandatory, in certain working environments such as tunnels, mines and sanitation. It is an integral part of CATEC training (Certificate of Ability to Work in Confined Spaces). It is in fact a self-contained closed-circuit breathing apparatus, which means that the air exhaled into a bag (called a "lung") is filtered and regenerated to produce oxygen.
The CATEC training
The majority of accidents, often serious or even lethal, which occur during operations in these environments are linked to an oxygen-deficient atmosphere, the presence of toxic gases or vapours, or an explosion or fire.
The CATEC® system meets the desire of operators in the water and wastewater treatment sector to create a common skills base incorporating best practice in risk prevention when working in confined spaces.
Fields of application of the self-contained closed-circuit breathing apparatus
- Water treatment & sanitation
- Underground mining
- Public works (tunnels)
- Chemical industry
- Maritime sector
Technical specifications of the ASTTAR self-rescuer
- Oxygen delivery method: Exhaled air in the respiratory bag (low in oxygen) is chemically regenerated with potassium peroxide (KO2). The carbon dioxide (CO2) also contained in the exhaled air is trapped and stored.
- Operating time (emergency evacuation): 30 minutes
- Operating time (waiting, seated position): 90 minutes
- Set-up time: Less than 10 seconds
- Weight: 2.2 kg
- Dimensions: 202 x 119 x 191 mm
- Can be repackaged after use: NO
- Inhalation temperature: ≤ 50°C in accordance with DIN EN 13794:2002 (Annex A)
- Maximum temperature of KO2 during use: 200°C
- Equipment lifetime:
- Use: 5 years
- Storage: 10 years
International delivery in compliance with international transport regulations (IATA, AMDG, ARD).
On demand "lithium" and "dangerous goods" regulated packaging.
Learn more about our worldwide shipping solutions.
- 1 Add products to your shopping cart.
- 2 On «My cart» page, click on the «Move Items to Quote» button.
- 3 If you already have an account, please login, otherwise you can create one or fill in your details directly.
- 4 When your quote is processed, you will receive an email notification with the ability to pay for your order online or under the terms of your pro contract.
M20 self-rescuer SCSR (Emergency escape breathing device EEBD)Starting at $626.33
Ventis MX4 - %LEL, O2, CO & H2S - 4 gas meterStarting at $430.26
Fall arrest safety harness VIT'O for work at height or in confined spacesStarting at $129.62
Safety tripod for work in confined spacesStarting at $1,115.41