Opto-electronic ppb gas analyzer - Dräger X-act 7000
The X-act 7000 analysis system consists of Dräger micro-tubes combined to an opto-electronic analyzer which allows precise gas measurement at extremely low concentrations (in ppb).
Versatile and very easy to use, the device provides precise and fast results on benzene, mercury, formaldehyde, etc. advantageously replacing expensive laboratory measurements with results worthy of laboratory testing. Detailed description
Opto-electronic ppb gas analyzer
Analytical results worthy of laboratory testing
Hazardous substances in ambient workplace air are often expressed in very low concentrations and few devices on the market are able to monitor low concentration levels. The X-act 7000 analyzer focuses on toxic and / or carcinogenic substances measurements with a low ppb range, with analysis results worthy of laboratory and immediate tests.
Each micro-tube has an RFID tag with all calibration and configuration information on the substance to be analyzed. External parameters such as ambient temperature and humidity are taken into account during the factory calibration and pressure variations have no influence on the analysis because the X-act 7000 operates on the basis of mass flow measurement.
The capillary micro-tubes are made of several layers isolating the targeted substance, this way it blocks any interference and prevents from erroneous measurements
Explosion proof & water proof equipment
The X-act 7000 analysis system is explosion-proof and ATEX / IECEx certified for zone 0. The system is also resistant to dust and splashes in compliance with the IP54 standard. It also meets the requirements for the electromagnetic compatibility EN50270 standard.
X-am sampling pump for the Dräger X-act 7000
After an automatic self-test, the X-act 7000 analysis system is immediately ready to use. The 2.4'' color screen and displayed messages allow easy operating of the device. Analysis results are displayed on the screen and can be stored on the device along with the measurement's date, time and place for later evaluation.
Using a coupler (connection piece), the Dräger X-am pump can be adapted to the X-act 7000 to allow gas sampling up to 45 meters away. This pump is particularly well suited for toxic and carcinogenic substances analysis in areas with difficult access like conduits, pipes or tanks.
X-act 7000 gas analyzer technical specifications
- Opto-electronic gas analyzer in ppb or ppm: benzene, butadiene, formaldehyde, mercury or ethylene oxide.
- System diagnosis: Automatic using micro controllers for all system components.
- Display: 2.4 inch high contrast color display, with 240 x 320 resolution, 160° viewing angle.
- Test time: From 5 seconds to 1200 seconds, depending on the used microtubes and on the measuring range of the substance.
- Operating temperature: 0 to +40°C
- Humidity: 0 to 95% relative humidity, non-condensing.
- Storage temperature: -20 to +60°C (analyzer) / +4 to +25°C (micro-tubes)
- Power supply: 5 x 1.5 v batteries
- Battery life: Approx. 600 minutes of testing time.
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 195 x 85 x 70 mm
- Certifications: ATEX / IECEx II 1G Ex ia IIC T4 Ga
- Protection index: IP54
- Data logging: Storage of measured data.
Measuring ranges and test times for micro capillary tubes
|Description||Test range||Test time||Codification|
|Benzene||1 – 150 ppb||100 – 900 seconds||86 10 600|
|Benzene||0.15 – 10 ppm||25 – 150 seconds||86 10 030|
|1.3-Butadiene||25 – 500 ppb||150 – 550 seconds||86 10 460|
|1.3-Butadiene||0.5 – 25 ppm||30 – 100 seconds||86 10 300|
|Formaldehyde||5 – 150 ppb||360 – 960 seconds||86 10 540|
|Formaldehyde||0.15 – 3 ppm||300 – 600 seconds||86 10 100|
|Mercury||0.005 – 0.25 mg/m3||240 – 1,200 seconds||86 10 350|
|Ethylene Oxide||25 – 250 ppb||200 – 500 seconds||86 10 580|
|Ethylene Oxide||0.25 – 10 ppm||50 – 200 seconds||86 10 200|