Portable photoionization detector, PID gas monitor, 7 gas meter - X-am 8000 PID
The X-am 8000 PID portable photoionization detector for volatile organic compounds (VOC) monitoring by photoionization lamp (PID sensor) like monocyclic and halogenated aromatic hydrocarbons, aldehydes, ketones, alkenes, alkynes, alkanes, etc.
Most VOCs can be detected by a photoionization lamp, the most commonly used being the 10.6 eV version. The main advantages of PID sensors used on this VOC monitor are a large number of detected gases, a low measurement resolution and above all an insensitivity to poisons or high concentrations. Detailed description
Portable photoionization detector with sensors
Volatile organic compounds (VOCs) constitute a very large family of vapors and gases, many of which are considered to be toxic pollutants, carcinogens or even mutagens. Their volatile nature allows them to spread very easily in the atmosphere, hence the need to monitor those with a photoionization detector to better protect people around those.
PID sensors are widely used in VOC analysis. The measurement principle is based on the ionization of the compounds (by photons) and correlation of energy release (electron) into the monitoring signal, called the ionization potential or IP power.
A PID lamp will only detect components that have an IP power lower than the ionization energy of the lamp. A 10.6 eV PID lamp, will only detect VOCs with an IP power below 10.6 eV like most VOCs.
X-am 8000 PID gas monitor technical specifications
- PID gas monitor: detection of volatile organic compounds by 10.6 eV photo-ionization lamp - PID HC sensor (high concentration) 0-2000 ppm (isobutylene) for the vast majority of VOCs - PID LC sensor (low concentration) 0-10 ppm (isobutylene) for ppb detection of very toxic VOCs (benzene among others)
- Possibility of adding 4 sensors (Cl2, ClO2, CO, CO2, H2, H2S, HCN, NH3, NO, NO2, O2, O3, PH3, SO2) to transform the X-am 8000 PID into a multigas detector
- Gas sampling pump (maximum hose length 30 meters)
- Alarms: Visual: red LEDs, multi-tone sound 100 dB (A) & vibrating
- Dimensions (h x w x d): 179 x 77 x 42 mm
- Weight: Approx. 495 gr without pump (550 gr with pump)
- Protection index: IP 67
- Power supply: Rechargeable lithium-ion battery, induction charging
- Certification: ATEX and IECEx: I M1, II 1G - Ex da ia I Ma, Ex da ia IIC T4 Ga IEC: Ex ia I Ma - Ex ia llC T4 / T3 Ga CE marking: Electromagnetic compatibility 2004/108/CE
Portable photoionisation detecor & PID sensors applications
- Measurements of occupational exposure levels (OEL & VME)
- Indoor air quality analysis
- Polluted soil analysis
- Odor detection
Other configurations are available. To customize your gas detector clic here: Build my own configuration
- Organic vapor detector (VOC) - Pac 8000 OVStarting at $711.73
- X-am 8000 portable 7 gas monitor - Combustible, toxic gases & VOC (PID)Starting at $2,719.58