VAR 18 Breathable air quality analyzer EN 12021 & AREVA standards compliant
Ordering this product can only be done with a quotation. Upon reception of your request, our team will process it and will send you a quotation shortly.
You will be receiving an email with a link to add the quote to your cart and proceed to the online payment of your order (or according to your business/professional contract).
To request a quote: select your product and/or configuration then click on "Ask a quote". Check your request in your cart then click on "Request a quote".
You can also contact us using the "Ask a question" form below in this page.
Preferred in industry, nuclear power plants, and hospitals for analysis of breathing air quality to NF EN 12021 and AREVA standards, the VAR 18 continuously monitors carbon monoxide (CO), carbon dioxide (CO2), oxygen content (O2), humidity (H2O), oil vapors (VOCs) and fine dust particles.
The 7" color touchscreen displays the various parameters in instantaneous values or trend curves. An SD card archives data in CSV format. Electrical outputs enable the use of remote alarms to signal drift or malfunction. Detailed description
Breathing air quality
Ruggedly built, this device features pressure and flow regulators for precise measurements with no drift over time. The VAR 18' is available with a wide range of options, such as four additional gas detection cells (NO2, SO2, NH3, HC, H2S, or HF), temperature sensors, or a ticket printer to adapt to the different needs of each customer.
The advantages of the VAR 18 breathing air monitoring system
- Continuous measurement of CO, CO2, O2, H2O and oil to EN 12021 standard
- Continuous measurement display on the color screen
- Sensor calibration from the display screen
- Continuous cell flow control
- Measurement traceability on SD card
- Electrical servo-control for alarm and central fault
- Alarms triggered in the event of power failure
- Sensors integrated into the interchangeable cell block
- Available in suitcase, board, or 19'' case’
- Numerous options available (up to 4 additional gas cells, dust analysis, temperature sensor, ticket printer, CAN, Ethernet or Profibus communication, etc.)
Technical features of the VAR 18
- Dimensions: 450 x 380 x 500mm (Pelicase) / Weight: 14 kg
- Material: ABS (suitcase version) / Metal (19'' case version)
- Protection rating: IP 66 (suitcase with closed cover)
- Power supply: 90 to 240V 50 or 60 Hz
- Consumption: 1A / 230V
- Operating temperature: 10 bar maximum (without high-pressure option)
- Limited dew point: down to -80°C
- Integrated data logger: 2GB SD card
- Connection: 4x6 mm tube
- Operating temperature: 5 to 45°C / Humidity: 95% RH
Breathing air quality analysis according to NF EN 12021 standard
Breathable air defines air quality as close as possible to that of outside air and corresponds to standard EN 12021. The main requirements of this standard, applicable to all breathing apparatus (SCBA, air-supplied respirators, etc.), are as follows:
- Oxygen content (O2): 21% (±1%)
- Carvone dioxide (CO2) content: < 500 ppm
- Carvone monoxide (CO): < 5 ppm
- Oil vapour < 0.5ppm or 0.5 mg/m3 (mainly from the air compressor)
- Inhaled air must be odorless and tasteless
- The breathing air network must not contain water in a liquid state. In fact, the dew point must be low enough to avoid condensation or icing, i.e. -5°c from the lowest temperature
International delivery in compliance with international transport regulations (IATA, AMDG, ARD).
On demand "lithium" and "dangerous goods" regulated packaging.
Learn more about our worldwide shipping solutions.
- 1 Add products to your shopping cart.
- 2 On «My cart» page, click on the «Move Items to Quote» button.
- 3 If you already have an account, please login, otherwise you can create one or fill in your details directly.
- 4 When your quote is processed, you will receive an email notification with the ability to pay for your order online or under the terms of your pro contract.
MicroVar 350 Breathing air quality controlOn quotation
Dräger Aerotest - Quality control of compressed breathing airStarting at $1,954.16
Airline respirator system on-demand flow - PAS X-ploreStarting at $705.22