Searchline Excel open path infrared gas detector (hydrocarbon detection)
Ordering this product can only be done with a quotation. Upon reception of your request, our team will process it and will send you a quotation shortly.
You will be receiving an email with a link to add the quote to your cart and proceed to the online payment of your order (or according to your business/professional contract).
To request a quote: select your product and/or configuration then click on "Ask a quote". Check your request in your cart then click on "Request a quote".
You can also contact us using the "Ask a question" form below in this page.
The Searchline Excel open path infrared gas detector is an innovative and relevant solution for the detection of hydrocarbons over long distances. It is a device able to replace several point detectors over an up to 200 meters distance between the transmitter and the receiver.
The Honeywell Searchline Excel system includes a transmitter that produces infrared radiation and a receiver with optical sensors that electronically processes the signals. They are both incorporated in a resistant stainless steel frame for use in the harshest applications and environments. Detailed description
The open path gas detector
The Searchline Excel open path infrared gas detector was designed to detect hydrocarbons in an industrial environment. It is a particularly economical solution that can replace up to 20 fixed point gas detectors over a 200 meters distance. It is completely insensitive to sunlight or other interference radiation sources such as flares, arc welding, or lighting.
The transmitter lens is heated to minimize condensation effects, freezing and snow accumulation. When it is very cold, SMART heating increases significantly.
Why an open path gas detection system?
- Extended surveillance zone: greater likelihood of leak detection
- Very fast response time (T90 <3 seconds)
- High sensitivity which allows earlier alarms with lower thresholds
- Less strategic location of detectors
- Simple installation and commissioning, a single system replaces several point devices
Searchline Excel open path gas detector main assets
- Solid state detectors with full temperature compensation
- Dual bandpass filters that compensate interferences from all types of fog, rain and mist
- Symmetrical heating elements integrated into the windows offering excellent performance at low temperatures
- Insensitive to solar radiation
- Examples of gas leaks not detected by conventional point detectors but identified by an open path gas detector:
- Offshore platforms and ships (storage and unloading)
- Chemical and petrochemical plants
- Gas and oil pipelines
Honeywell Searchline Excel open path gas detector technical specifications
- Available gases: Methane, ethane, propane, butane, pentane, ethylene, propylene, butadiene
- Measuring range: 0 to 5 LELm * (lower explosion limit over a distance in meters).
- Recommended alarm parameters: 1.0 LELm and 3.0 LELm
- Trajectory lengths
- Short range: 5 to 40 m
- Medium range: 40 to 120 m
- Long range: 120 to 200 m
- Response time: T90 <3 sec. (under normal conditions)
- Power supply: 18 to 32 Vdc
- Power consumption :
- Short range: Transmitter: 5 W - Receiver: 8 W
- Medium and long range: Transmitter: 13 W - Receiver: 8 W
- Output signal:
- Linear 4-20 mA output source or sink (maximum loop resistance: 600 Ω)
- Modbus RS485 multipoint digital output.
- Housing material: 316 stainless steel
- Protection index: IP66 and IP67
- Operating temperature: -40 ° C to +65 ° C
- Operating humidity: 0 to 99% RH (non-condensing)
- Warm-up time: Less than 5 minutes (operational) or less than 1 hour (complete stabilization)
- Weight (mounting bracket included):
- Short range: Transmitter: 3.5 kg
- Medium and long range: Transmitter: 7 kg - Receiver: 3.5 kg
- Safety approvals: ATEX, IECEx, UL, CSA, FM, GOST Independent assessment for IEC61508
* To find out the LELm, simply multiply the size of a gas cloud by its concentration, so 1 LELm corresponds to 100% LEL over 1 meter or 50% LEL over 2 meters.
International delivery in compliance with international transport regulations (IATA, AMDG, ARD).
On demand "lithium" and "dangerous goods" regulated packaging.
Learn more about our worldwide shipping solutions.
- 1 Add products to your shopping cart.
- 2 On «My cart» page, click on the «Move Items to Quote» button.
- 3 If you already have an account, please login, otherwise you can create one or fill in your details directly.
- 4 When your quote is processed, you will receive an email notification with the ability to pay for your order online or under the terms of your pro contract.
Infrared gas detector for hydrocarbon gases SearchPoint Optima PlusStarting at $2,018.66
Infrared fixed gas detector for hydrocarbons or CO2 - Simtronics GD10PStarting at $2,489.58
SharpEye optical flame detector - UV/IR, IR3 & IR4 detectorStarting at $4,009.25
CU1 ATEX combined audible visual alarmStarting at $1,863.13