External pump for X-am gas detectors
The Dräger X-am pump is an external pump that attaches to the X-am 2500, 5000 and 5600 portable gas detectors. It has been designed to perform access clearance measurements before entering a confined space.
It is perfect for users who work in tanks, wells or in leaks search. It can also be used for toxic or explosive substances analysis in hard-to-reach areas like conduits or tanks. Detailed description
The X-am pump advantages
Connection in one move
By means of a clamp on the back of the X-am pump, it attaches easily to gas detectors and pumping starts automatically. The same way, it automatically turns off when removed from the detector. Detectors maintain the same gas measurement performance whether or not they are associated to the X-am pump.
USB charging and long battery life
Thanks to its micro USB charging port, it can be recharged using a standard phone charger. A LED indicator on the pump indicates the battery charge. It takes about 6 hours for the battery to be fully charged. It gets a 20 hours continuous operation autonomy. Thanks to its battery, using the pump does not impact the X-am detectors’ autonomy.
A robust and practical pump
Waterproof and dustproof with an IP67 protection rating, it is reliable down to -40°C and its battery is resistant to drops and shocks. The X-am pump weighs only 200g and is easy to transport. Able to reach spaces located at a 45m distance, the pump is designed for 3mm diameter hoses which makes it possible to reach and safely monitor confined spaces without losing measurement precision. ATEX certified, the X-am pump is suitable for Ex 0 zones and can adapt to the most demanding situations.
All measurement and device status elements are both visible on the X-am gas detector screen but are also stored in the data logger. Access authorization measurements results and individual monitoring assessments are therefore displayed separately, which allows for better monitoring.
X-am pump technical specifications
- Dimensions: 67 x 175 x 38 mm (without X-am) 67 x 220 x 55 mm (with X-am)
- Weight: aprox. 200 g
- Operating temperature: -20° to 50°C (briefly up to -40°C)
- Charging temperature: 0° to 35°C
- Charging time: < 6 hours
- Autonomy: up to 20 hours, depending on use and temperature
- Maximum hose length: 45 m
- Air flow: 0,4 L/min
- Storage temperature: up to a month between -20°C and 60°C, or from -20°C to 45°C
- Pressure: 700 to 1 300 hPa
- Humidity: 0 to 95 % H. R.
- Protection class: IP67
• ATEX/IECEx (Zone 0 T4 and M1)
• CE marking
- Combustible gas detector - X-am EXPLO Explosive gas detectorStarting at $443.07
- Portable 4 gas detector (EXPLO, O2, CO, H2S)- X-am 2500Starting at $443.07
- 5 gas monitor Ex, Cl2, ClO2, CO, CO2, H2S, HCN, NH3 - X-am 5000Starting at $1,835.94
- X-am 5600 - 6 gas monitor Ex/CO2 (IR), Cl2, ClO2, CO, H2S, HCN, NH3, NO, NO2Starting at $1,855.15