Ultrasonic gas leak detector Observer-i
Ordering this product can only be done with a quotation. Upon reception of your request, our team will process it and will send you a quotation shortly.
You will be receiving an email with a link to add the quote to your cart and proceed to the online payment of your order (or according to your business/professional contract).
To request a quote: select your product and/or configuration then click on "Ask a quote". Check your request in your cart then click on "Request a quote".
You can also contact us using the "Ask a question" form below in this page.
The OBSERVER-i is a third generation ultrasonic gas leak detector for the rapid detection of gas leaks under pressure (from 2 bar). It uses ANN's patented acoustic technology to detect only gas leaks by suppressing unwanted background noise. It is an advanced and safe method of gas leak detection!
The OBSERVER-i is the world’s first ultrasonic gas leak detector equipped with Artificial Neural Network (ANN) real-time broadband acoustic sound processing technology. This technology is based on extensive studies and real recording of gas leak sounds and industrial background noise from a wide array of industry sources over the years. Detailed description
Ultrasonic gas leak detector
An innovative artificial intelligence algorithm
By using new artificial neural network (ANN) algorithms, the frequency range of the OBSERVER-i detector can be extended to 12 kHz without taking into account unwanted background noise. Compared to previous versions of ultrasonic gas leak detectors, the low frequency range significantly increases the detection range in all application areas while maintaining immunity to false alarms.
RNA technology allows for installation without time-consuming setup sequences and industry-leading remote detection with the unprecedented suppression of false alarms. In addition, the technology ensures a consistent gas leak detection coverage radius in both noisy and quiet areas.
Automatic acoustic test technology
The OBSERVER-i incorporates the patented and proven Senssonic™ automatic test function. This automatic test checks the electrical integrity of the device as well as the microphone every 15 minutes and thus ensures the functionality of the detector at all times. The microphone and its windscreen are constantly monitored to ensure optimum sensitivity and coverage radius.
The Senssonic™ automatic test is the only technology on the market that automatically tests the microphone
system and the microphone shield. This ensures that dirt and other contaminants on the detector's weather shield
that may reduce its detection performance are detected.
Technical specifications of the ultrasonic gas leak detector
Obersver-i detector system specifications
- Detector type: Ultrasonic (acoustic) gas leak detector
- Background noise rejection method: Artificial Neural Network (ANN)
- Gas leak recognition method: Artificial Neural Network (ANN)
- Minimum acoustic detection frequency (ANN Mode): 12 kHz
- Minimum detection limit: 40 dB (u)
- Accuracy: ±3 dB
- Self-test: Performed every 15 minutes
- Minimum pressure requirement: 2 bar (29 psi)
- Detector coverage (ref. methane):
- Enhanced Mode (ANN) (at 0.1kg/sec):
FQHI setting (59 dB ANN sensitivity level): 17 meters (56 ft.) default
Ultra-high to medium background noise
FQLO setting (54 dB ANN sensitivity level): 28 meters (92 ft.)
Medium to low background noise
- Classic mode (at 0.1 kg.sec):
Ultra-high: 7 meters w/84 dB T.L.
High: 12 meters w/74 dB T.L.
Medium: 18 meters w/64 dB T.L.
Low: 24 meters w/54 dB T.L.
- Response time: < 1 s (speed of sound)
- Approvals classification:
- ATEX/IECEx: Ex d ia IIB+H2 Gb T6, Ex tb IIIC T85°C Db (Ta = –40 °C to +60 °C)
- CSA: Ex d ia IIB+H2 Gb T6, Ex tb IIIC T85°C Db
- FM/CSA :
Class I, Div. 1, 2 Groups B,C,D ;
Class II, Div. 1, 2 Groups E,F,G ;
Class III, T5 (Ta = –40 °C to +60 °C)
- ATEX, CSA, FM, IECEx, CE
- HART 6.0 registered
- FM certified to IEC 61508 (SIL 3)
- 1701 Test and Calibration Unit
- SB100 Bump Test Tool
- Device drivers: DDL, DTM available at MSAsafety.com
- Warranty: 2 years
Electrical specifications of the ultrasonic detector Observer-i
- Input power:
- 15–36 Vcc, 250 mA max.
- 24 Vcc, 170 mA nominal
- Relay ratings (optional) : 8 A at 250 Vca
- Current Output (sink or source)
- Status Indications:
0 mA : start up, no power
1 mA : pulsed acoustic error
3 mA : unit inhibit
- Classic mode:
4–20 mA, 40–120 dB (u)
- ANN Mode:
4–12 mA, 40–120 dB (u)
16 mA, warning
20 mA, alarm
- EMC Directive CEM 2004/108/CE
- EN 61000-6-2, EN 61000-6-4
- Serial digital communication: HART, Modbus
- Cable requirements: Maximum cable length between Observer-i and power source at 24 VDC (20 ohm) 2.08 mm2 (14 AWG) – 1,809 m (5,928 ft)
Environmental specifications of the leak detector Observer-i
- Operating temperature range: –40°C to 60°C (–40°F to 140°F)
- Operating humidity range: 10 to 95 % HR, non-condensing
Mechanical specifications of the ultrasonic leak detector Observer-i
- Housing: Stainless Steel AISI 316L
- Dimensions: 203 x 203 x 201 mm (7,99 x 7,99 x 7,91'')
- Weight: 7,5 kg (16,6 lbs)
- Conduit entries: M20 x 1,5 (additional ¾“ NPT adapter available)
- Mounting holes: 2 x mounting screws – M8 x 19 max.
- Ingress protection: IP66 / type 4X
- Standard configuration: OBSERVER i-1-1-1-1-1-1
- 1 Add products to your shopping cart.
- 2 On «My cart» page, click on the «Move Items to Quote» button.
- 3 If you already have an account, please login, otherwise you can create one or fill in your details directly.
- 4 When your quote is processed, you will receive an email notification with the ability to pay for your order online or under the terms of your pro contract.