Emergency escape breathing apparatus ELSA Scott Safety EEBD
TheScott ELSA EEBD is a self-contained breathing apparatus designed as a hooded emergency escape breathing device or evacuation SCBA with constant compressed air flow which provides users 10 or 15 minutes runtime depending on the version. A reducer and a valve automatically triggers upon opening the bag.
The instructions are printed on bag as easy-to-understand pictograms so that anyone, regardless of language, can correctly use the ELSA breathing apparatus. Detailed description
The ELSA breathing apparatus EEBD for emergencies
Well known as one of the major constant airflow EEBD on the market, the ELSA EEBD breathing apparatus has been designed as an escape SCBA for swift evacuation from hazardous environments like industrial or marine dangerous areas.
This breathing unit is composed by a compressed air cylinder with reducer and valve which provides 10 or 15 minutes to evacuate (according to the version), a supply hose connected to a PVC respiratory hood and an easy to carry storage bag.
Instant action: constant airflow is automatically activated upon opening the bag. An instant trigger pin is attached to the pressure reducer and to the bag handle with a strap. Opening the bag pulls on the strap which instantly unlocks the air supply. The user then just needs to don the hood and breathe normally.
With its specific design, this escape SCBA hood has been engineered in PVD coated materials and features an ozone resistant airtight elastomer seal. The three side visor provides exceptional visibility and enables the hood to be flat stored, which enables quick release from the bag. An inside mask avoids condensation and reduces the CO2 concentration...
Instructions of use are printed on the cylinder bag through easy to understand pictograms in order for everyone to properly use the ELSA emergency escape device. It is yet highly recommended to first get familiar with the unit through training.
ELSA EEBD breathing apparatus specifications
The Scott Safety ELSA EEBD emergency escape breathing device is compliant with the latest current European standard (EN1146). Thanks to its unique design, it is easy and swift to don and features unrivalled reliability and ruggedness:
- 10 or 15 minutes version
- Standard high visibility or black anti-static bag (ATEX version)
- Automatic quick fire activation
- Unique cubic hood design
- CE marked in compliance with the EN1146 standard
- MEC (shipswheel) approved
- Corrosion resistant nickel plated components
- Standard breathing air charging adaptor
- Maintenance every 10 years
ELSA EEBD technical specifications
- 10 minutes version:
- Weight: 4.8 kg
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 510 x 340 x 135 mm
- 15 minutes version:
- Weight: 5.6 kg
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 520 x 340 x 135 mm
- Emergency escape breathing apparatus Compressed air EEBD - Dräger Saver CFStarting at $675.37
- iBrid MX6 Multi gas detector Ex, Cl2, CO, CO2, COV, H2S, HCl, HCN, NO, NO2Starting at $2,552.72
- Self-contained breathing apparatus for short interventions - PAS MicroStarting at $974.68
- M20 self-rescuer SCSR (Emergency escape breathing device EEBD)Starting at $593.25
- Self-rescuer mask SCSR - OXY 3000/6000Starting at $950.28