PolyGard gas detection controller - Analog & digital inputs
The Honeywell PolyGard gas detection unit is a gas controller designed to detect the presence of toxic, combustible or dangerous gases in many tertiary and industrial applications. Reduced size and ease of use are the main advantages of this controller, which has excellent value for money.
Very complete in terms of inputs / outputs, this gas controller can be connected to three 4-20 mA analog transmitters and eight Sensepoint XCL and Sensepoint XRL RS-485 digital detectors. Alarm relays free of potentials and a 24 Vdc transistorized output complete this very flexible gas detection controller. Detailed description
The PolyGard: a gas controller with multiple possibilities
- 8 RS-485 digital sensors: The PolyGard control unit can receive up to 8 RS-485 digital sensors from the Honeywell Sensepoint XCL and XRL range, allowing substantial savings in wiring costs.
- 3 4-20 mA analog sensors: In addition to the 8 available digital inputs, the Honeywell PolyGard gas controller can receive 3 4-20 mA analog sensors with overload and short-circuit protection.
- 2 digital inputs: 2 potential-free digital inputs are also available for managing information such as emergency stops, an alarm acknowledgment, a ventilation motor feedback or a programmable clock for delayed start.
- 1 4-20 mA analog output: An analog 4-20 mA output with overload and short-circuit protection is also available on this very complete control unit to transmit measurement feedback from a single channel.
- 3 Alarm relays: For servo-control and signaling in the event of alarms being exceeded, the PolyGard controller unit has 3 relays with change-over contacts, potential free.
- 2 24 Vdc outputs: In addition to the 3 potential-free alarm relays, the PolyGard control unit has two 24 Vdc 0.1A transistorized outputs for local or external signaling (LED light, siren).
- User-friendly interface: The controller unit has a 2-line, 16-character LCD screen for various parameters configuration and real-time measured values and alarms display. 3 indicator lights clearly indicate the controller unit status.
PolyGard gas controller technical specifications
- Power supply: 24 VDC ± 20%, reverse polarity protection, 24 Vac ± 15% - Overvoltage category: 1
- Power consumption: 24 Vdc - Controller panel: Maxi 60 mA (1.5VA), without sensor - By sensor (analog): Max 85 mA (2.1 VA) - Buzzer: Max 40 mA (1.0 VA)
- Operation: Different menus operated via 6 buttons
- Analog inputs: 3 linear inputs 4 to 20 mA with overload and short-circuit protection, input resistance 200 Ω
- Serial interface: RS-485 2-wire / 19,200 baud communication (8 SensePoint XCL or SensePoint XRL sensors maximum)
- Digital inputs: 2 digital inputs, potential free
- Relay output: 3 alarm relays, potential free 240 Vac / 5A with changeover contacts
- Solid-state outputs: 2 outputs 24 Vdc / 0.1A (switching to positive, only on 24 Vdc supply)
- Analog output signal: 1 linear output 4-20 mA with overload and short-circuit protection, load ≤ 500 Ω
- Housing: Polycarbonate RAL 7032 (light gray)
- Installation: Wall mounting
- Dimension (W x H x D): 130 x 130 x 75 mm
- Weight: 0.6 kg
- Protection index: IP65 NEMA 4X
- LCD screen: 2 lines of 16 characters, two-color background
- Temperature range: -25 ° C to +50 ° C
- Humidity range: 15 to 95% RH (non-condensing)
- Cable entry: 6 x M20 / 25 for cable passage
- SensePoint XCL fixed gas detector for tertiary applicationsStarting at $420.35
- Fixed combustible, toxic & asphyxiating gas detector - SENSEPOINTStarting at $416.79
- SensePoint XRL Bluetooth ATEX fixed gas detector with displayStarting at $687.52
- NEXUS-C combined visual & audible alarmStarting at $223.24