Portable Ozone O3 gas detector - Protégé SG O3
Ordering this product can only be done with a quotation. Upon reception of your request, our team will process it and will send you a quotation shortly.
You will be receiving an email with a link to add the quote to your cart and proceed to the online payment of your order (or according to your business/professional contract).
To request a quote: select your product and/or configuration then click on "Ask a quote". Check your request in your cart then click on "Request a quote".
You can also contact us using the "Ask a question" form below in this page.
Compact and lightweight, the Protégé SG O3 portable ozone (O3) detector is very intuitive and user-friendly. It features many functions like ozone STEL and TWA alarms (average and limit values), a datalogging and a customizable LCD display. Detailed description
Ozone (O2), an unrecognized and hazardous gas
The Protégé SG portable ozone detector is an optimal solution to detect ozone (O3). Naturally present in the atmosphere, ozone is naturally exhausted when releasing nitrous oxides (NOx) during forest fires, lightnings or thunderstorms.
Ozone is a colorless or blueish (sufficient depth) gas. Contrary to oxygen (O2) that is odorless, Ozone features a pungent odor recalling bleach, detectable from 0.01 pm. Nevertheless, a habituation phenomenon rapidly occurs.
Non-flammable, Ozone features a strong oxidizing power that can be source of explosion. Even if its toxicity relies on several factors (temperature, pressure, concentration), Ozone is harmful for the breathing tracts (lungs, nose, throat) and irritating to eyes.
Ozone is slightly soluble into water and this solubility decreases if temperatures rises, which explains its harmfulness to mucosa.
Protégé SG ozone detector technical specifications
Measuring range 0 to 3 ppm
Dimensions / Weight H: 107 mm x L: 58 mm x D: 2.2 mm / 150 grams
Environmental protection IP 66/67
Temperature range -20°C to +50°C
Filter replacement Yes (in addition)
Replaceable battery Yes (in addition)
Service life 1.5 to 2 years
Alarms Visual, Acoustic and Vibrating
Battery type Lithium-ion
Battery runtime 1.5 year
Portable ozone detectors applications
- Drinking water disinfection
- Disinfection of water used in closed or opened cooling circuits
- Disinfection of wastewater and swimming pools, industrial wastewater treatment (phenols and cyanides removal)
- Deodorization of some industrial sites
- Surgical equipment serilization
- Foodstuffs conservation
- Textile fibers and paper pulp bleaching
It can be found in some activities, oftentimes linked to electricity such as thermal plants but also in the printing sector (laser radiation operations) and arc welding activities with inert gases.
Ozone is also released by internal combustion engines (reaction between nitrous oxides and volatile organic compounds). At high heat, it stagnates to the ground, creating pollution. This explains its use as an indicator by air quality monitoring agencies.
Once accurate measurements taken, an adapted respiratory protection will considerably reduce ozone concentrations related hazards. As this gas is irritating to eyes, respiratory protective half-masks are clearly not recommended.
- 1Add products to your shopping cart.
- 2On «My cart» page, click on the «Move Items to Quote» button.
- 3If you already have an account, please login, otherwise you can create one or fill in your details directly.
- 4When your quote is processed, you will receive an email notification with the ability to pay for your order online or under the terms of your pro contract.
- M20 self-rescuer SCSR (Emergency escape breathing device EEBD)Starting at $591.24
- Duraflow powered air purifying respirator w. 40mm filtersStarting at $781.59
- Emergency escape hood - Dräger PARAT 4700Starting at $205.06
- Scott gas mask SARI RD40 full face respiratorStarting at $130.46