Dräger Alcotest 5820 - Professional alcohol Breathalyzer
The Dräger Alcotest 5820 electronic breathalyzer enables user to simply perform an alcohol test (active test) and to measure alcohol rate in ambient air (passive test) in only few seconds.
The measurement technology of this small, user-friendly portable device has already proven itself with more than 200 000 units currently in use around the world. Detailed description
Dräger Alcotest 5820 electronic breathalyzer
The Dräger Alcotest 5820 digital breathalyzer allows you to perform a alcohol breath test in expired air quickly, easily and hygienically. Thanks to its design, the Slide‘n‘click mouthpiece is intuitively locked in its place even in the dark. Once the mouthpiece has been replaced, the Dräger Alcotest 5820 can be immediately reused.
A spacer located on the mouthpiece prevents contact between the lips of the person tested and the device's housing. The spacer also allows the mouthpiece to be ejected if necessary. Mouthpieces with a non-return valve are also available as an option.
Dräger alcohol-specific electrochemical sensor
The tested and proven Dräger electrochemical sensor used in the DA 5820 electronic breathalyser is characterized by its fast response times and long service life.
The DA5820 breathalyzer is ready to use in a few seconds. It is possible to carry out an active test on a subject or an ambient air alcohol measurement (passive test), in which case no mouthpiece is required.
The analysis is precise and reliable, and the device is operational from -5 ° C to +50 ° C.
Dräger Alcotest 5820 technical specifications
- Measuring principle: DrägerSensor 1/4 ”electrochemical sensor specific to alcohol
- Measuring range: 0.25 mg/l (if measurement range limit is exceeded, a message is displayed)
- Sampling: Standard: automatic sampling when minimum volume resp. defined blow time is reached; Passive sampling without mouthpiece or manual initiation of sampling possible.
- Ready for use: Approx. 2 seconds after start-up
- Display of measurement results: After approx. 3 s (at 0 mg/L); after approx. 10 s (at 0.5 mg/L, ambient temperature)
- Operating temperature: -5 to +50 °C
- Relative humidity: 10 to 100 % retive humidity ((non-condensing and in operating state)
- Ambient pressure : 600 to 1 300 hPa
- Display : LCD graphic backlit display; 32 x 22 mm (128 x 64 pixels)
- LED : 2 colors forresults and alerts readout
- Acoustic signal: Different signal tones to support display messages and warnings
- Data logger: Storage of last 100 tests with test numbers
- Power supply: 1 x CR123A battery, charge level indicator in display. One battery enables approx. 1,500 tests.
- Mouthpiece adaptation: Improved Slide’n’click mouthpiece attachment; can be fitted for right or left orientation
- Mouthpiece: Hygienically, individually packaged, with tamper-proof, tamperproof air outlet, mouthpiece ejector and spacer between mouth and instrument housing
- Operation principle: Measurement functions can be performed using just one button; menu navigation is via two menu button
- CE marking and standards: EN 60068-2-27, EN 60068-2-6 ; EN600-2-64 ; 2004/108/EC (electromagnetic compatibility); IP54
- Dräger Alcotest 3820 personal breathalyzer for general public useStarting at $303.00
- Dräger Alcotest 5000 Alcohol breathalyzer for professionalsStarting at $522.03
- Drug test - Dräger DrugCheck 3000Starting at $40.03
- Ethanol calibration gas cylinder – C2H6OStarting at $136.29