FS20X Optical flame detector - UV/IR fire detection
Ordering this product can only be done with a quotation. Upon reception of your request, our team will process it and will send you a quotation shortly.
You will be receiving an email with a link to add the quote to your cart and proceed to the online payment of your order (or according to your business/professional contract).
To request a quote: select your product and/or configuration then click on "Ask a quote". Check your request in your cart then click on "Request a quote".
You can also contact us using the "Ask a question" form below in this page.
The Honeywell FS20X is a powerful and reliable UV / IR detector combining an ultraviolet and infrared sensor, thereby increasing immunity to false alarms by measuring two different flame spectra.
If the detector's UV signal is degraded due to thick smoke or contaminated lens, the IR sensor will trigger the fire alarm despite reduced sensitivity and a slower response time. Detailed description
UV / IR detector: combination of 2 different sensors
To trigger a fire alarm, the UV / IR detector must simultaneously receive information from the UV and IR sensors. In case of arc welding, the UV sensor will be energized but the IR sensor will not detect heat, there will be no fire alarm. Similarly, facing an object emitting a large heat source, the IR sensor will react but the UV sensor will not be triggered.
Two high performance microprocessors
Two microprocessors guarantee measurements performance and reliability with a very short response time. The master microprocessor performs high-speed digital sampling and signal processing calculations, while the slave microprocessor processes various sensor data such as self-diagnosis, interface communication, event and data storage.
Up to 60 meters range
The FS20X UV / IR detector has an over 60 meters detection range (with very high sensitivity setting) able to detect a heptane reference fire of 0.1 m2. Its vision cone is, in terms of volumetric coverage, significantly higher than that of most UV / IR detectors on the market.
UV / IR detector main assets
- Technology suitable for hydrogen, hydrocarbons (petrol, ethanol, methane), paper, wood fires and more.
- Two high performance microprocessors for better measurement integrity, very short response time
- Immunity to arc welding and rejection of false alarms in all ambient conditions.
- 4 sensitivity levels, selectable by switch for adapted use to each particular case
- PC software and interface module for diagnosis and data and event log downloading.
- Display and correct operation indicator: Green (energized), red (alarm), yellow (error).
- Minimal maintenance for error-free operation.
FS20X flame detector technical specifications
- Fields of vision: 90 ° ± 45 ° horizontal cone of vision relative to the axis
- Sensitivity: 4 levels selectable by switch - very high (60 m), high (45 m), medium (30 m) and low (15 m)
- Response time : - 3 to 5 seconds for n-heptane fire from 0.1 m2 to 30 m - 3 to 10 seconds for n-heptane fire from 0.1 m² to 60 m
- Power supply: Nominal voltage 24 Vdc (18-32 Vdc) - regulated
- Analog output: 0 to 20 mA step by step sink or source
- Communication: ModBus RS-485 or RS-485 FireBus II
- Output relay: - Fire alarm relay: Selectable NO and NC contacts - Auxiliary relay: Selectable NO and NC contacts - Error relay: Selectable NO and NC contacts
- Visual indications: Green (power), red (alarm), yellow (error)
- Housing: Aluminum NEMA4 (IP66), tamper-resistant with 3/4 ”NPT openings (M25 optional).
- Stainless steel case available
- Protection index: IP66
- Mounting: Optional swivel mount
- Operating temperature: -40 ° C to 85 ° C
- Humidity range: 5 to 98% RH
- Weight: 1.8 kg (Aluminum) or 3.4 kg (Stainless steel)
- Certifications: - ATEX / IECEx: II 2 G Ex db IIC T4 (Ta: -40 to + 110 ° C), - FM: Class I, division 1 and 2, groups B, C and D; Class II, Div. 1 and 2, groups E, F and G; Class III - CE: EN6100-6-4 and EN50130-4 compliant - INMETRO CU-TR - SIL classification: FMEDA
- 1Add products to your shopping cart.
- 2On «My cart» page, click on the «Move Items to Quote» button.
- 3If you already have an account, please login, otherwise you can create one or fill in your details directly.
- 4When your quote is processed, you will receive an email notification with the ability to pay for your order online or under the terms of your pro contract.
- UV/IR & IR3 Optical flame detector - FSL 100On quotation
- SharpEye optical flame detector - UV/IR, IR3 & IR4 detectorStarting at $4,210.07
- OLCT100 fixed gas detector - ATEX SIL2 combustible, toxic & refrigerant gasStarting at $671.43