Emergency smoke hood, Fire EEBD - Dräger PARAT 5500
The PARAT 5500 emergency smoke hood is an EEBD (emergency escape breathing device) equipped with a CO-P2 filter (carbon monoxide & particles) guaranteeing protection for at least 15 minutes against gases, vapors and toxic particles generated by fire during evacuation.
Compliant with the EN 403: 2004 standard for fire EEBDs, this escape hood is available in a flexible bag or in a rigid case. Detailed description
The Dräger PARAT 5500 emergency smoke hood
CO-P2 combined filter
The high performance combined filter provides reliable protection against various gases, vapors and toxic particles generated by fire. The CO P2 filter is in compliance with the EN 403: 2004 standard. This filter also provides tested protection against H2S (at 2500 ppm) in comploance with DIN 58647-7. In addition, its tightness is ensured by two plugs which preserve it during its long service life.
Very easy to use
Opperation of the Dräger PARAT 5500 fire EEBD is done in 3 simple steps: open the packaging, put on the hood and leave the danger zone.
When the packaging is opened, the filter cap automatically comes out of the filter. The filter is then deployed in its operating position and the hood can be put on immediately. Thanks to the internal flange with automatic adjustment, no additional adjustment is necessary.
The Dräger PARAT 5500 fire EEBD assets
- Fire EEBD evacuation hood with ABEKCO-P2 specific filter ensuring at least 15 minutes protection. This filter will protect the user against organic, inorganic and acid substances as well as sulfur and ammonia compounds and toxic vapors and particles generated during a fire
- Ambient air must contain at least 17% of oxygen (O2).
- ATEX certified (electrostatic risks generating by friction): use in zones 20, 21 and 22 with dust explosion risk, and in zones 0, 1 and 2 with gas explosion risk, regardless explosion group (I, IIA, IIB and IIC).
- Great visibility, large field of view and anti-fog coating
- Emergency escape breathing device certified according to the DIN 58647-7, standard on chemical evacuation equipment
- Can fit any morphology thanks to its universal hood and offers both respiratory and ocular protection
- Fast and easy to use: simply open the case and don the hood
- The bright fire EEBD color ensures high visibility
- Pictograms on the housing of the smoke hood explain donning procedure
- 16 year service life with cartridge replacement every 8 year (in addition)
- PARAT 7500 escape hood combined (fire & industrial)Starting at $225.70
- M20 self-rescuer SCSR (Emergency escape breathing device EEBD)Starting at $565.39
- Emergency escape breathing apparatus Compressed air EEBD - Dräger Saver CFStarting at $643.65
- Emergency escape breathing apparatus ELSA EEBD by Scott SafetyStarting at $643.65