Asbestos powered air purifying respirator - Proflow SC 160
The Proflow SC160 asbestos PAPR mask is a respiratory protection device with powered ventilation specially developed for level 1 and 2 asbestos removal operations. Compliant with European standards this powered air purifying respirator system incorporates two very efficient P3 particle filters, as well as a full TM3 class mask.
Its characteristics of comfort, performance (air flow of 160 l / min.), Reliability and maintenance make it the ideal choice for applications related to asbestos removal. Detailed description
Proflow2 SC160 asbestos powered air purifying respirator
Wearing respiratory protective devices is required for any operation that may contain risks of asbestos exposure. Powered air purifying respirators (PAPR) are high level protection level equipment.
Contrary to classic half-masks and gas masks, these respirators are positive pressure devices. This means that breathing effort is not performed by the user but by a motor that constantly injects purified air into the facepiece (the mask).
The Proflow SC160 asbestos respirator, Scott Safety by 3M PAPR (160 l/min nominal flow) is a powered air purifying respirator especially engineered for level 2 asbestos removal operations. This system is approved in compliance with European standards and features two very powerful P3 particle filters and a class TM3 full face mask.
Scott Safety Proflow2 SC160 asbestos mask main assets
- Electronically maintains 160 l/min constant airflow
- Airtight design and filters placed downward for easy decontamination
- Constant display of battery status and filters clogging
- Low battery and filter clogging alarms
- 10 hours runtime typically per charge
- Very powerful and fast charging NiMH battery, waterproof for easy decontamination
- Complete range of full face masks
Asbestos respiratory protectionThere are 3 asbestos dust levels that can be translated into toxicity levels and therefore dangerousness:
- Level 1 (lowest): Asbestos exposure below the occupational exposure limit value * (OEL).
- Level 2 (intermediate): Asbestos exposure greater than the OEL and less than 60 times the OEL.
- Level 3 (maximum dust): Asbestos exposure less than or equal to 250 times the OEL.
The current OEL for asbestos exposure has been reduced from 100 fibers per liter to 10 fibers per liter since July 1, 2015.
- Powered air purifying respirator - Phantom Vision PAPRStarting at $798.50
- Asbestos supplied air respirator - RAS AsbestosStarting at $838.72
- Airline respirator system on-demand flow - PAS X-ploreStarting at $659.21
- Breathing air cart for airline respirator - PAS AirPack 1Starting at $4,790.97